The Student Room Group

A2 Edexcel Drama and theatre Studies Unit 4 exam 20/06/2016

Scroll to see replies

How are you guys revising for it? It's kind of hard because we can take in all of our script with our notes on.. for section B i've even got paragraphs of my concept written in my script because as long as it's our own words were aloud too. I'm just not sure how to revise? Is there even any point?
Reply 21
For people who have done Lysistrata, what have you based your concept on?
Reply 22
Anyone else being told that Drama isn't an actual exam by people who do STEM subject?
Original post by iyi123
Lysistrata

There's like no one doing Dr Faustus :'(
Original post by chaotic.school
There's like no one doing Dr Faustus :'(

I am!!!
what live performance did you see? I saw the cherry orchard
Reply 26
Original post by yeeeeohdwbfbf

I saw Hamlet done by the RSC
Original post by yeeeeohdwbfbf

Cherry Orchard by Chekov?

No way, we are both doing Faustus and I went to go see Uncle Vanya by Chekov for my live performance! :biggrin:
(edited 7 years ago)
The exam is not out of 60, it is out of 80!!!

20 Marks for Section A
30 Marks for Section B
30 Marks for Section C
Original post by Lostthelyrics
How are you guys revising for it? It's kind of hard because we can take in all of our script with our notes on.. for section B i've even got paragraphs of my concept written in my script because as long as it's our own words were aloud too. I'm just not sure how to revise? Is there even any point?

what play are you doing? and what paragraphs have you written on your concept in your script?
Original post by skytrenfield
what play are you doing? and what paragraphs have you written on your concept in your script?

I've got a whole justification essay to write in and im gonna do a few paragraphs specific to set, costume etc
I've got a whole justification essay to write in and im gonna do a few paragraphs specific to set, costume etc

What do you mean about justification? what play you doing?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Justification of your overall concept? It's the question that comes up every year? And Dr Faustus
Justification of your overall concept? It's the question that comes up every year? And Dr Faustus

What question is that?! I havent seen one, or my teacher has referenced it differently

Posted from TSR Mobile
I didn't think we were allowed paragraphs in our scripts
As long as its in your own words it's fine, it's been done before in my sixth form and they didnt get flagged for it
for the Section C 1000 words, what are people writing in it?
I don't remember the whole play, but I remember a handful of key examples that reflect a design element.
for the Section C 1000 words, what are people writing in it?
I don't remember the whole play, but I remember a handful of key examples that reflect a design element.

Ive written about the original performance and comparisons to the modern play performance that you saw!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by skytrenfield
Ive written about the original performance and comparisons to the modern play performance that you saw!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I've managed to find a guide sheet my teacher sent me with headlines on what to include.
What play did you go to see? and which time period of theatre is it from?
Yeah I've managed to find a guide sheet my teacher sent me with headlines on what to include.
What play did you go to see? and which time period of theatre is it from?

I saw As You Like It! How about you?

The Elizabethan era!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending