The Student Room Group

OCR MEI M1 (Mechanics) 17th June

Scroll to see replies

For the pidgeon question to prove it didn't hit the pidgeon, i found out the horizontal distance to the pidgeon using the given velocities to find out the angle from the projectile to the horizontal, and then find out the horizontal distance, and then find the time it passed the horizontal distance the pidgeon was it, and then use the time to find the vertical height it was at when it was at the same horizontal distance as the pidgeon? I got 2.7-2.9 or something like that
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Connorbwfc
I did this too. Did you get a value of 4.01 for a?

I think we will probably get 2/4 marks. What do you reckon?

Yeah that's what I got. I'm really hoping we get some marks.
Original post by Qwertykeyboard15
I think I got the acceleration as this... What did we do wrong 😣

We used the values of sin(α) and sin(β) from the previous part forgetting that α and β had now changed as the bomb had been lifted higher.
Reply 103
I did the same!
Reply 105
Original post by james7777
I swear they didn't ask for u when t=0, just the expression in terms of t??

Ye I think you're right
Reply 106
For the pigeon, I just made Sy = 4 and then used the quadratic formula to show that you cannot solve it, cannot get a value of t, which shows at no point the stone hits the bird.

Yes i agree with those answers! I just dont think i explained the assumptions very well in question 6
Does anyone know what the mark allocations were for each of the questions? Trying to work out how many i got wrong :'(
Original post by Quido
For the pigeon, I just made Sy = 4 and then used the quadratic formula to show that you cannot solve it, cannot get a value of t, which shows at no point the stone hits the bird.

Same :biggrin:
Reply 110
Can anyone remember what they got for Question 4. (the vector one where they gave you the formula for displacement)?
did anyone get a = 0.0027 for d = 6.25??
Original post by Caedite eos

I got that but the unofficial MS says a=0
Original post by jn998
Can anyone remember what they got for Question 4. (the vector one where they gave you the formula for displacement)?

Unofficial mark scheme is on page 3, post #47.
Original post by Caedite eos

I got this too! I think maybe I rounded something wrong?
Original post by Charonder
I got that but the unofficial MS says a=0

You both rounded too early :c
Reply 116
What do people think grade boundaries will be?
Anyone remember what question 3 was? the actual question...
How many marks off will I get if I drew the tension and friction force the opposite way round? Thanks!
How did people find this compared with past papers?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending