The Student Room Group

girls would you...

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Angry Bird
muslim men are actually allowed to marry christians and jews.

Yeah I thought so!
Original post by queen-bee
I thought y'all said halal dating was haram last time I asked ?

Halal dating as in dating with a chaperone? I wasn't sure about that and haven't yet had the chance to look into it.

But dating in the conventional sense is considered haram by most sects, yes. :beard:
Original post by Hydeman
Halal dating as in dating with a chaperone? I wasn't sure about that and haven't yet had the chance to look into it.

But dating in the conventional sense is considered haram by most sects, yes. :beard:

Yeah with a male family member such as father or brother. So all types of dating are haram?
No

I don't agree with the majority of what they believe and stand for, therefore we would not be compatible :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Yeah with a male family member such as father or brother. So all types of dating are haram?

I'll look into it and get back to you. :smile:
Original post by Hydeman
I'll look into it and get back to you. :smile:

Inshallah :smile:
Here's your answer: you cannot define anyone by their race. If you like the person, go for it. Don't let stereotypes affect your life
Reply 47
Inshallah :smile:

That word is going to piss @Hydeman off :teehee:

:rofl:
Original post by nucdev

Astaghfirullah!

Mashallah,sheikh hydeman is a man of great knowledge on Islam :laugh:
Reply 49
Astaghfirullah!

:toofunny: he's going to get so annoyed on me now :lol:
Original post by nucdev

Astaghfirullah!

Original post by nucdev
:toofunny: he's going to get so annoyed on me now :lol:

It doesn't piss me off. :erm:
Why do I have this reputation? :frown:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Hydeman
It doesn't piss me off. :erm:
Why do I have this reputation? :frown:

:dontknow:
Original post by shez088
Girls would you date a muslim guy... Even if he wasnt too religious etc???

Ofc bc I'm Muslim but I'd want you to be religious so we could go to Jannah together Inshallah :colondollar:
Original post by shez088

muslims are prohibited from dating - it's in your religion you absolute mong
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
Saying this because I come from a Hindu family with non Hindu people who have married in. They're honestly not. Some Hindu families would oppose dating due to cultural reasons but it doesn't require for a person to convert if they want to marry a Hindu/Sikh if we're talking religion.

In Islam, dating in any sense is forbidden and a Muslim man can't marry a woman unless she converts.

Guess which one sounds more chilled?

A Muslim man can marry people of the book I.e Christians, Jews and they don't have to convert :lol: A Muslim woman can't marry someone out of Islam due to both scenarios the child has to be brought up a Muslim.
Original post by Elivercury
You didn't mention Hindus or Sikhs. You mentioned Christians and Buddhists which are (in this country anyway) probably the two least conservative religions on average. Ignoring Humanism if you classify that as a religion...I'd argue it's more of a belief.

Incidentally from my own personal experience I would disagree that Hindus and Sikhs are more conservative, but I can't claim to have huge familiarity with either religion.

If only you had read properly that I had also written "etc."
Original post by Mariyam Ali
If only you had read properly that I had also written "etc."

So I was supposed to assess every religion because you wrote "etc."?

You stated relatively non-conservative religions, and I responded identifying the difference you were asking about.

Incidentally I have typically found Sikhs and Hindus less conservative than Muslims, as have others, so you can include them in my reasoning also.
Original post by Elivercury
So I was supposed to assess every religion because you wrote "etc."?

You stated relatively non-conservative religions, and I responded identifying the difference you were asking about.

Incidentally I have typically found Sikhs and Hindus less conservative than Muslims, as have others, so you can include them in my reasoning also.

Thanks a lot for your reply. Now I request that please stop replying me. I am sick of your replys.
Original post by Mariyam Ali
Thanks a lot for your reply. Now I request that please stop replying me. I am sick of your replys.

You're welcome. I hope you feel better soon.
Original post by shez088

Yes. I'd date him if he was religious too, just so long as he didn't try to impose his religion on me. The same applies to men of any religion.

Quick Reply