The Student Room Group

What is something that you will never ever reveal to your parents?

Scroll to see replies

That I have a TSR account.
My parents will be like:" What the hell is TSR?Is it a dating site?We told u NO GUYS!r u using it to speak to ur secret Boyfriend?Tell him we want to meet him now,to teach him a lesson"
And then it will be :rip:......
(edited 7 years ago)
ahhh if my family/friends ever find this post I honestly have no idea what I'll do lmao

it just felt wrong to post anon
I guess I just came out to TSR. huh.
That I masturbate.
They probably (definitely) know, but it's not really something you go out of your way to tell your parents, is it?
how successful and rich I actually am
Original post by nverjvlev
probably that I'm bisexual - I'm a Christian so I don't think I'd date a girl anyway (haters back off, I just think that heterosexuality was God's plan, everyone is entitled to their own beliefs so please respect mine. Although I personally wouldn't engage in a homosexual relationship, I absolutely abhor hate/hate crimes and it breaks my heart that so many religious people have lost sight of what it means to love people unconditionally regardless of their life choices).

I really have no idea how they'd react. It's actually very very weird being in the closet.

Well it doesn't sound like God respects yours... If bisexuality was not part of God's plan why did he put it everywhere in nature?

God wants you to be bisexual. He made you that way.
(edited 7 years ago)
probably that I'm bisexual - I'm a Christian so I don't think I'd date a girl anyway (haters back off, I just think that heterosexuality was God's plan, everyone is entitled to their own beliefs so please respect mine. Although I personally wouldn't engage in a homosexual relationship, I absolutely abhor hate/hate crimes and it breaks my heart that so many religious people have lost sight of what it means to love people unconditionally regardless of their life choices).

I really have no idea how they'd react. It's actually very very weird being in the closet.

Does it make me a hater if I say your thinking is illogical?
What do I when I'm out with my friends
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
Well it doesn't sound like God respects yours... If bisexuality was not part of God's plan why did he put it everywhere in nature?

It really frustrates me that people are so quick to condemn Christians for something that is literally none of their business. This is a personal decision, a really difficult one, I'd really appreciate it if you didn't make it any harder.

It's really not fair to call people out for hating the LGBT+ community and then hatefully shoot people down who are doing their best to show that same community love and acceptance regardless of their own personal religious beliefs.

(edit: apologies for being so defensive, after rereading your comment it's actually pretty supportive. was just feeling really anxious, sorry again)
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Anonymous
lol same tbh its hard for parents (particularly africans/asians etc) to accept that their way of life is not for you, especially when the subject is something that has been ingrained in their heads from their own upbringing.
At my big age I'm still forced to attend church/bible studies on sunday though... sigh

Ahh, my Mum used to do that to me, but as I got older I told her I didn't like it and she was cool with it. She still tells me to pray though.
Original post by BristolFresher15
Does it make me a hater if I say your thinking is illogical?

No, not at all, I'm asking you to respect my decision, it would be ridiculous and downright hypocritical for me to **** on yours.

I completely respect you thinking that and tbh if I didn't believe in God I'd agree with you haha; just please don't take that judgement any further, I guess that's when it becomes hate.

As long as people aren't hurting or hating other people because of their beliefs, it's completely up to them. This is partly why I almost had a panic attack posting this - people are so intolerant.
It really frustrates me that people are so quick to condemn Christians for something that is literally none of their ****ing business. This is a personal decision, a really difficult one, I'd really appreciate it if you didn't make it any harder.

It's really not fair to call people out for hating the LGBT+ community and then hatefully shoot people down who are doing their best to show that same community love and acceptance regardless of their own personal religious beliefs.

I'm not condemning Christians as such. There are plenty of liberal Christians that are fine with sexualities other than heterosexual.

My God is fine with bisexuality is all. I didn't say you were hating on LGBT. You seem like one of those liberal Christians. It just seems sad to me that you feel the need suppress part of yourself. I'm not saying you are the one oppressing LGBT community or anything, rather that in some complicated way you are the one being oppressed.

You are entitled to your views but so am I and I care about society (not saying you don't).
(edited 7 years ago)
not much I don't care if my parents know what I do or that I like boys despite being muslim I know alot of muslim parents seem to be a bit iffy on that kind of stuff and I don't think my siblings would ever directly admit to it.
if they ask I'll say
it's natural attraction idc lol , it's not like im acting on it

only thing I wouldn't say is that I've gotten really wet over guys... I mean you just don't.

If you're gay don't ruin a girls life by marrying her
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
I'm not condemning Christians as such. There are plenty of liberal Christians that are fine with sexualities other than heterosexual.

My God is fine with bisexuality is all. I didn't say you were hating on LGBT. You seem like one of those liberal Christians. It just seems sad to me that you feel the need suppress part of yourself. I'm not saying you are the one oppressing LGBT community or anything, rather that in some complicated way you are the one being oppressed.

You are entitled to your views but so am I and I care about society (not saying you don't).

pls read my edit :s-smilie:
That I a) believe in God and b) am bisexual.

Yusss. I'm gonna be brave and leave that "anonymous" box unticked. :redface:
That I post on TSR.
pls read my edit :s-smilie:

No prob. It's understandable that you would be defensive if you just came out on a internet forum that can be hostile :tongue: :five: for bravery of not going annon

I completely respect you thinking that and tbh if I didn't believe in God I'd agree with you haha; just please don't take that judgement any further, I guess that's when it becomes hate.

As long as people aren't hurting or hating other people because of their beliefs, it's completely up to them. This is partly why I almost had a panic attack posting this - people are so intolerant.

I was trying to present the option of still believing in God and being a Christian without having to suppress your bisexuality in order to do so. That option exists. Why not do both :dontknow:

I agree with your last paragraph. It's just, to me, it kind of seems like you are the one being hurt. :redface:
(edited 7 years ago)
If you're gay don't ruin a girls life by marrying her

what the ****
do you even know what get wet means?

I'm a girl.
There's some stuff I would never tell anyone especially my parents.
- how I feel
- smoking (they probably wouldn't care because I'm at a legal age and it will never be habit)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending