2016 AQA Physics P3 higher tier Unofficial Markscheme 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mediaya
i did 80x10-6 - 30x10^-6= 50x10^-6
4cm=0.04m
so 0.04/0.000005=8000
but because it is going there and back (full reflection) you had to divide by 2
8000/2 = 4000 m/s

and i know this is wrong because i divided the speed by 2 instead of dividing the TIME by 2:frown:
how many marks would i get?

and one more thing, i am rubbish at standard form, that's why i got it so wrong. they shuldnt be allowed to put that in...:angry:

You'd get one definitely for applyign the equation, not sure about the other two though.
What was the Ray diagram question?
Original post by dianmian12
The one with the A and B?

yeah :s-smilie:
Like that graph with it as well :/
Original post by mediaya
i put that tower doesn't fall over because the clockwise moment equals the anticlockwise moment so there is a balance and there is no resultant moment
btw, how does the line of action lies within the base? the base was narrower than the sides

thats what i put it asked you to talk about the moments in the question not line of action
What did you guys say about the angle of incidence and refraction? It was A and D right??
This exam was so hard, what was even going on :s-smilie:
the speed of the ultraseound wave was 1600 m/s
Probably the best unofficial mark scheme I've seen so far. I remember a question about ticking the correct two letters for angle of incidence and angle of refraction. I think the letters were B and D but I'm unsure about whether or not this is correct - could someone clarify???? Cheers
What did everyone get for the critical angle of glass? The refractive index was 1.5 i think so i did 1/sin1.5=0.66666....
That seems so wrong btw
What did u put for the left hand flemings rule., i git its going PQ goes down
Original post by mediaya
What did everyone get for the critical angle of glass? The refractive index was 1.5 i think so i did 1/sin1.5=0.66666....
That seems so wrong btw

Original post by harison291
OMG I was seriously getting scared. I don't think I had that question either.

which question? :smile:
I dunno how but I got 0.5625 for the moments question. I just remembered the example in the CGP book about tension in the girder.
And was the ultrasound question in milliseconds, because I got 0.0004
Original post by chelseafc141
I dunno how but I got 0.5625 for the moments question. I just remembered the example in the CGP book about tension in the girder.
And was the ultrasound question in milliseconds, because I got 0.0004

OMG same I got 0.5625 too because we did the moment divided by 0.36 (012+0.20), but I'm not sure if it was right
Wasn't the last question to draw the converging lens of C to be a thinner shape as it had a high refractive index or something
Reply 115
Isnt the moments question 0.5625 Nm?
1.5 x 1.2 = 1.8
1.2 + 2.0 = 3.2 (distance of the chain from the pivot)
1.8/3.2 = 0.5625
Original post by surina16

Really, how???? 😰
Great i got that wrong again, lets go down to 35 marks then..... 😒😧
Tbh the first question answer is because the electromagnet is stronger and m and n is as you move closer to principal axis image gets smaller and upright at principle axis no image formed at m image is smaller and inverted

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Akila1
Isnt the moments question 0.5625 Nm?
1.5 x 1.2 = 1.8
1.2 + 2.0 = 3.2 (distance of the chain from the pivot)
1.8/3.2 = 0.5625

No it was 1.1 nm
Original post by mediaya
Really, how???? 😰
Great i got that wrong again, lets go down to 35 marks then..... 😒😧

1.5 = 1/sinC
sinC = 0.666...
C=42(2sf)

Quick Reply

Latest