The Student Room Group

Edexcel AS/A2 Mathematics M2 - 17th June 2016 - Official Thread

Scroll to see replies

Right now Im just getting worried for no reason. Just want reinsurance. So was the question about power 800kg and sin theta was 1/20 isn't it?
so r we wrong??? Because other people said it's fraction
Original post by Linjingyu
why did i get 15 for question 1 b?did anyone get different answer?
Reply 642
can someone please post a picture with the worked solution to question 4?? Thanks!
Hi guys,

So I'm supposed to be revising for C3, but I remembered all the questions from 1-6. I'm really sad, sorry. If anyone remembers Q7 holla at me.

I hope that these are right, but remember, I'm a student just like you guys!

If you have any questions let me know.
Original post by khaleesi98
Ok so I've got 95 UMS in D2 from last year, and ~60 raw marks in both FP2 & M2.
Hoping an A* is still possible if I smash S2 ☺️ what do people think? x

In the exact same position ! Though I think my FP2 was slightly lower and M2 Slightly higher. I think it's still possible !

Posted from TSR Mobile
Can anyone just tell me how r we meant to do for question 1b because I integrate from 0 to 3 and I got 15,but it seems like it's wrong!!!
They all got 11/3?? How???
Original post by Squishy•
When is Arsey releasing a model answers?

arsey has said he is no longer doing them because the exam board asked him not to
Reply 647
Original post by Linjingyu
why did i get 15 for question 1 b?did anyone get different answer?

I got 15 too but what u had to do is work out the displacement between t=2 and t=3 because it said in the third second. Annoying question yes
Original post by target21859
Yeah but you needed to use g to get it. So wouldn't it be 3sf max?

I think I know what your friend's talking about but since the below MS allows 40/g for a positive constant (this was on a June 2015) question, and g is taken always as 9.8, then why would replacing g with the value they give for g suddenly give you the wrong answer?

Reply 649
For the power question I got the right simultaneous equations but typed in the wrong numbers in the calculator coz I'm an idiot. So I got the values of P and R wrong even though my working is completely correct. How many marks would I lose?
Original post by Mathlete2198
Hi guys,

So I'm supposed to be revising for C3, but I remembered all the questions from 1-6. I'm really sad, sorry. If anyone remembers Q7 holla at me.

Question 6 last part is the angle is below the horizontal. I think everything else is right
Hi guys,

Beautiful. Thank you. :smile:

Does 6 marks for question 3 seem particularly generous to you?
Reply 652
Original post by CharpCharlie
Attachment not found
Question 7

Can you do the same for question 4 please?? The one about the centre of mass, that would really help :smile:
Original post by Student403
I think I know what your friend's talking about but since the below MS allows 40/g for a positive constant (this was on a June 2015) question, and g is taken always as 9.8, then why would replacing g with the value they give for g suddenly give you the wrong answer?

Their value of g is accurate to 2sf (well for some parts of the world? For you to be able to leave it as a positive constant it would have to have g in the answer but since 30/7 has no g value and we used g in the suvat equations, we can only leave it to 3sf max. I'm hoping you're right because I left it as 30/7. What did everyone else leave it as?
You need 3 A2 modules to average 90 (all those you have named count). D2 FP2 and M2 wouldn't get you an A* . You need to score quite high in S2 to get an A*

Original post by CSLady
In the exact same position ! Though I think my FP2 was slightly lower and M2 Slightly higher. I think it's still possible !

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I feel like S2 is going to need to be ~100 UMS but if the consensus is that it's still possible then that's good motivation 😊 good luck! x
Original post by target21859
Their value of g is accurate to 2sf (well for some parts of the world? For you to be able to leave it as a positive constant it would have to have g in the answer but since 30/7 has no g value and we used g in the suvat equations, we can only leave it to 3sf max. I'm hoping you're right because I left it as 30/7. What did everyone else leave it as?

I know noone irl who left it to a rounded answer. I know this obviously would be marked wrong in physics but I am 95% sure it's fine in maths
Hi guys,

For question 6 you say the angle was 73 degrees but your diagram makes it look like it was 73 degrees upwards. I think it was 73 degrees downwards because I think the vertical velocity at A was -10ms^-1
Original post by khaleesi98
Yeah I feel like S2 is going to need to be ~100 UMS but if the consensus is that it's still possible then that's good motivation 😊 good luck! x

Thanks - and you. Anything's possible!
Hi guys,

Was the com question in metres or centimetres? Would you lose a mark for using m as a unit instead of cm?
I know noone irl who left it to a rounded answer. I know this obviously would be marked wrong in physics but I am 95% sure it's fine in maths

Well I hope you're right.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending