Original post by z1820
How did everyone find the physics unit 2 and 3? I found it really hard :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Utter ****

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by z1820
How did everyone find the physics unit 2 and 3? I found it really hard :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Really hard! I really tried my hardest to cram loads of information the day before with my pre prepared flashcards and I knew everything but my knowledge was really blurry between P2 and P3 it was really confusing :frown: I feel the grade boundaries are gonna be quite low seeing as everyone, even the really intelligent on TSR, found the exam hard :s-smilie:
Reply 4
Original post by romansholiday
Really hard! I really tried my hardest to cram loads of information the day before with my pre prepared flashcards and I knew everything but my knowledge was really blurry between P2 and P3 it was really confusing :frown: I feel the grade boundaries are gonna be quite low seeing as everyone, even the really intelligent on TSR, found the exam hard :s-smilie:

That gives me so much hope 😂 I literally even found the calculations confusing.. :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by z1820

Original post by qwerty0301

Original post by Mlb37

Ach that's so reassuring; the only person I talked to after the exam was laughing about how easy it was and I cried in his face :/
I thought I knew the whole spec, I'd revised so hard and physics was my best subject, but I just fell apart in the exam and now I'm so worried because I was hoping to pursue it as a career, and I think I've thrown that away :/
Is it just me, or was it like none of the major parts of the topic seemed to come up, just all the little bits that are hard to remember and catch you out?
Reply 6
Original post by CaptErin
Ach that's so reassuring; the only person I talked to after the exam was laughing about how easy it was and I cried in his face :/
I thought I knew the whole spec, I'd revised so hard and physics was my best subject, but I just fell apart in the exam and now I'm so worried because I was hoping to pursue it as a career, and I think I've thrown that away :/
Is it just me, or was it like none of the major parts of the topic seemed to come up, just all the little bits that are hard to remember and catch you out?

It was ridiculously hard don't worry - the grade boundaries will be low and you would've done better than you think.
Yeah the questions were so weirdly worded, even the calculations were confusing at times..

Posted from TSR Mobile
I found it incredibly difficult too:s-smilie:
Reply 8
Yeah P3 was a absolute killer. P2 had some confusing calculation questions also.
I'm a science teacher and we all thought the papers were tricky. Aqa playing their usual game of not actually testing knowledge and application, but the student's ability to decipher a question from a pool of irrelevant, meaningless words. I'm so cross. Physics, by its very nature, tests higher skills of application, without hiding the question in a quagmire of crap. Where the he'll were the momentum questions? What the chuff is a brown dwarf? And why on earth did they turn a simple battery question into some kind of weird ass spacial awareness question involving mentally rotating the worst diagram I have ever seen on a physics paper.
Original post by z1820
It was ridiculously hard don't worry - the grade boundaries will be low and you would've done better than you think.
Yeah the questions were so weirdly worded, even the calculations were confusing at times..

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks, I'm taking comfort in grade boundaries and ISAs to save my grade!
Reply 11
What do people think the grade boundaries will actually be?

Yeah, there weren't many recall questions and lots of applications, they gave us some really wordy questions and then just a 2 marker at the bottom of all of it, so it was kinda like is it really worth me reading all this sh*t... They also gave us the worst possible lens diagram thing (at least for me), I knew it was magnification but I got so confused :s-smilie: And there was a question about the resolution of a voltmeter..? Was that in P3, I had no idea about that one :frown:
What did you guys get for the resolution one in P3?
Original post by Kalandriadm
I'm a science teacher and we all thought the papers were tricky. Aqa playing their usual game of not actually testing knowledge and application, but the student's ability to decipher a question from a pool of irrelevant, meaningless words. I'm so cross. Physics, by its very nature, tests higher skills of application, without hiding the question in a quagmire of crap. Where the he'll were the momentum questions? What the chuff is a brown dwarf? And why on earth did they turn a simple battery question into some kind of weird ass spacial awareness question involving mentally rotating the worst diagram I have ever seen on a physics paper.

you're not a teacher. stop complaining. It was a fair test, I feel like all people do on tsr is complain about how hard it was, days after the exam has finished.

Yeah, there weren't many recall questions and lots of applications, they gave us some really wordy questions and then just a 2 marker at the bottom of all of it, so it was kinda like is it really worth me reading all this sh*t... They also gave us the worst possible lens diagram thing (at least for me), I knew it was magnification but I got so confused :s-smilie: And there was a question about the resolution of a voltmeter..? Was that in P3, I had no idea about that one :frown:

tough, should have revised it.
Original post by nisha.sri
What did you guys get for the resolution one in P3?

0.01 (what ever the unit was) because a clear trend/pattern could be seen. What was the unit btw? volts, amps, cms? I can't rememebr
Original post by Mlb37
What do people think the grade boundaries will actually be?

probs 44 for an A* for p3, no clue about p2, but i think people are forgetting they only dropped marks on some questions, they could have eaisly got 100% on the rest of the questions, hence, for p2 maybe 48
Original post by 1jonam16
you're not a teacher. stop complaining. It was a fair test, I feel like all people do on tsr is complain about how hard it was, days after the exam has finished.

The exam was literally yesterday.
You can revise something and still find it hard.

If you're not interested in discussing an exam after it has taken place, don't click on a thread entitled 'Aqa p2 & p3' after the P2 and P3 exams have passed.
The exam was literally yesterday.
You can revise something and still find it hard.

If you're not interested in discussing an exam after it has taken place, don't click on a thread entitled 'Aqa p2 & p3' after the P2 and P3 exams have passed.

i am interested in discussing the answers and i happened to stumble across this pointless thread, hence i commented on it. I don't think there's anything wrong with finding it hard and i'm not saying if you revise you'll get 100%, i'm saying that roman keeps complaining when clearly she/he said he didn't revise and literally crammed, hence he shou;dn't be allowed to complain.
Original post by 1jonam16

Please don't say I didn't revise, because I have worked my butt off for the past 2 years, and I revised very hard for both of those exams. I tried my best. So I'd advise you to STOP unnerving people, because I know I tried my very best in every exam I did in this GCSE period.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending