The Student Room Group

Overdrawn on a NatWest adapt account

Guys I need your help,me being stupid, I accidentally bought items using PayPal, this has made my account go overdrawn by -£276 can some one help me, has any one been in this situation and how did you resolve this issue. Please dont critisize my stupidity.
What type of item did you buy, could it be possible to ask for a refund / chargeback.
Reply 2
Original post by 34908seikj
What type of item did you buy, could it be possible to ask for a refund / chargeback.

Yes it could, i bought a phone, however, this would not stop me from paying overdrawn fees which are gonna build up by the time i actually recieve a refund.
Original post by Anono19
Yes it could, i bought a phone, however, this would not stop me from paying overdrawn fees which are gonna build up by the time i actually recieve a refund.

damn that sucks, don't really know what you could do. Maybe ask a relative, if it's that bad.
If its an unathorised overdraft the bank will charge you extra. It's £6 a day apparently.

You can use the NatWest overdraft calculator.
http://personal.natwest.com/personal/current-accounts/overdrafts/overdraft-calculator.html
You should get iit authorised or if they wont then pay them back.
Are you definitely sure it's gone through as an overdraft? I have an adapt account and I've tried to pay for things online before, if you don't have the money in your account it usually just rejects your card?
Reply 6
Original post by 999tigger
If its an unathorised overdraft the bank will charge you extra. It's £6 a day apparently.

You can use the NatWest overdraft calculator.
http://personal.natwest.com/personal/current-accounts/overdrafts/overdraft-calculator.html
You should get iit authorised or if they wont then pay them back.

I can't arrange an overdraft as i have an adapt account
£6 a day.
(edited 7 years ago)
seems like you arent bothered anymore so assume you are sorting it out yourself.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending