The Student Room Group

I'm so alone.

I can't make friends, nobody wants anything to do with me.

I try so hard to converse with people, get to know others. At best they'll speak to me for a few days, or if online exchange a few messages with me, and then they're done. More often than not they just want to get advice or talk to me because their day has been bad. It's always happened, and I can't change it. I can't even stand being on this site anymore watching everyone become friends and I always seem to get left out.

I'm done. I can't handle it anymore. It seems I'm destined in life to forever be alone, so I may as well just embrace it.

Scroll to see replies

:frown: maybe your friends don't know you feel like that you should say something
:console:
what about in your school/college/uni :erm:
Original post by Anonymous

I try so hard to converse with people, get to know others. At best they'll speak to me for a few days, or if online exchange a few messages with me, and then they're done. More often than not they just want to get advice or talk to me because their day has been bad. It's always happened, and I can't change it. I can't even stand being on this site anymore watching everyone become friends and I always seem to get left out.

I'm done. I can't handle it anymore. It seems I'm destined in life to forever be alone, so I may as well just embrace it.

Dude just be really thirsty on here and people will start talking about you.

I can be your TSR buddy

Are you a student? If so easiest thing is to become close friends with those in your classes especially those sitting next to you, there is no way that they can ignore you. Also try to organise things, because then people will want to become your friend.

Dont feel down, we are all gonna make it one day
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Clockrice

Are you speaking from experience? :beard:
Reply 6

I'm alone too (why I'm always on TSR!), I like how you suggest 'embracing it'. There's powerful imagery in that idea, I think I'll give it a try :smile:
Aw I'm sure that must be hard for you. Tbh I can kinda relate but it doesn't really bother me much anymore. How old are you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
seriously though to make friends on tsr u just have to be overly edgy and there's gonna be ppl who wanna talk to u (for example mE)

and if that doesn't work u just talk to cool people and since theyre cool they will talk to u and then the chain reaction begins

good luck man :biggrin:
Original post by zanner
seriously though to make friends on tsr u just have to be overly edgy and there's gonna be ppl who wanna talk to u (for example mE)

and if that doesn't work u just talk to cool people and since theyre cool they will talk to u and then the chain reaction begins

good luck man :biggrin:

how do u make friends on tsr? im already edgy af
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 10
Original post by Zargabaath
how do u make friends on tsr?

talk to ppl with common interests

wbu
Original post by Clockrice

Don't do this OP. It's really not nice.
Original post by zanner
talk to ppl with common interests

wbu

i'm interested in memes such as noot noot, pepe the frog and other frog related memes

wbu
Hey,

Tell me what course you're doing, subjects you're doing right now and perhaps a social media thing we can follow each other on and let's be buds :smile:
Original post by Zargabaath
how do u make friends on tsr? im already edgy af

Slide into the PM's
Don't take it personal OP, that sounds about right, that is the human race for you. Most people have a hidden agenda and will use you for one thing or another. Personally, I've been lonely for a long time, I choose to be, it's not such a bad thing, fill your time with things you enjoy doing (I swim, drive a good car, watch live football/hockey), you don't need to have friends to do stuff. Sitting at your laptop and expecting friends to appear out of nowhere is probably why you feel lonely.

If you ever want to chat, throw me a message, I've spoken to a few people on here about random stuff.
Oops. Just realised I'm the person who talks to someone once because I'm having a bad day and then just ignores them....

You need to be proactive, make plans with your friends and even if they cancel last minute, it's fine, just keep making more plans.

Talk to more people around you, even just that random girl who you've never talked to before - most people are nice. And eventually you'll hit that pot of gold and make lifelong friends and never feel lonely again.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by nomophobia
Oops. Just realised I'm the person who talks to someone once because I'm having a bad day and then just ignores them....
Posted from TSR Mobile

You terrible person you!
Have you ever talked to someone (particularly one you'd ideally like to become friends with) to find out why they don't want to maintain friendship? It's likely to do more benefits than damage.

Or you could embrace it as you said. Being alone doesn't necessarily mean being lonely x3
Don't mope around like this.

Talk. Talk to me, post funny memesor cat pictures, add nothing of worth to a discussion or reply to posts; I'm sure people will love you for it.

Use smilies, spam them and litter them in your posts.

(But don't debate politics or religion; you'll be loved or hated, and hated, even.)

Start on here and learn from it.

And just because you haven't found someone with common interests doesn't mean you should stop. Yes it can be disheartening, but keep looking!

Quick Reply

Latest