The Student Room Group

I think I'm falling for a 16 year old...

I'm 20 years old myself, and I hate myself for this. Basically we've become friends fairly recently (not too recently though, maybe 18 months or so) but I've NEVER thought about her in that way until recently. I've obviously not acted upon it, tried to actively ignored it but it's not really worked. It all started when she kissed me, and I pulled away and told her it can't happen again. It got me kinda thinking and slowly I started feeling something for her, but I've resisted in so many times and occasions when there's been that tension in the air. Is there any way to get over this? I don't want to lose her friendship, but she kinda wants more than friendship now even though I know that can't happen :frown:
(edited 7 years ago)
Goin down for noncing
Wait till she's 18 :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by AliRizzo
Goin down for noncing

Technically it is legal though? Just the age difference means that I can't bring myself to act upon this, it's morally wrong for me to. Ironic too as my previous GF's have all be 2-3 years older than me as well :frown:
She is only 16 and you are 20 so not that big difference :unsure: you can wait for her until she become legit :lol:
Original post by Dilemma.
Technically it is legal though? Just the age difference means that I can't bring myself to act upon this, it's morally wrong for me to. Ironic too as my previous GF's have all be 2-3 years older than me as well :frown:

Was only joking mate. Yeh it's legal but it might seem a little wrong purely because she's just legal.
Reply 6
Just leave the nuts hanging out.

She's legal, just don't let her catch feelings.
Reply 7
Was only joking mate. Yeh it's legal but it might seem a little wrong purely because she's just legal.

Yeah that's how I feel, it's one of those where the age prohibits anything happening, if it wasn't an issue then there'd be no question.

Original post by fatima1998
She is only 16 and you are 20 so not that big difference :unsure: you can wait for her until she become legit :lol:

There is a big difference despite it being 4 years, she has just come off GCSE's and I have already embarked on my career, and there's a big chasm in life experience too. I wish I could get over the age thing but I can't :frown:
Nah mate. Her boobs are still growing, come on now! :nah:
Goin down for noncing

ini yea
lol nah she's legal just barely though
Reply 10
Original post by 0to100
Nah mate. Her boobs are still growing, come on now! :nah:

I hate the fact that there's this age gap between us that prevents us from doing what our hearts desire but she's just too young :frown: I don't see how I can get over this.
I hate the fact that there's this age gap between us that prevents us from doing what our hearts desire but she's just too young :frown: I don't see how I can get over this.

Avoid her. You're 20 you shouldve dealt with this before you know like emotions and that. Not being funny but move on and it's easiest to do this when you keep doing your thing living your life and find another female.

A 20 year old female.
Lol there's so many pisstakers on tsr

There is a big difference despite it being 4 years, she has just come off GCSE's and I have already embarked on my career, and there's a big chasm in life experience too. I wish I could get over the age thing but I can't :frown:

My parents age difference is 6 or 7 years :colone: it's the society pressure :yep: just wait and see
I'd take the unfounded condemnation of these TSR addicts with a pinch of salt.

It's not an ideal situation, of course. But if she's mature enough, then there's no reason why you can't look to take things further. She's young, but everyone matures at different stages. You can meet 20+ year olds that act like teens and vice versa.

But the idea that you should go out and meet a 20-year-old female just because, is bure pollocks.
The only possible solution I see is to distance yourself for a while (if you're dedicated to not wanting it.)
You could always try get another girlfriend, or somehow prompt her to back off?

As much as I can't relate, it's not illegal, so you can try have a relationship if you want, but I offered you these solutions because you clearly don't. There will be stigma, or you could wait for her (but that'd be a long time even for a year.)

Providing you respect her (a given in any good relationship) there's nothing wrong with pursuing a relationship with her (and that just means no manipulation and that you're committed.)

Goin down for noncing

:colonhash: Seriously?

It's legal, and it's not paedophiliac, so as much as both of us cannot relate, that's a bit hyperbolic.

Original post by 0to100
Avoid her. You're 20 you shouldve dealt with this before you know like emotions and that. Not being funny but move on and it's easiest to do this when you keep doing your thing living your life and find another female.

A 20 year old female.

Oder 18 or 19 zum Beispiel.
Original post by eden3
Just leave the nuts hanging out.

She's legal, just don't let her catch feelings.

Yeeeeeaaaaa

Hey mayne... paint em a picture
Reply 17
You might just get away with this if she's 16 going 17 and youre just 20 and her Dad doesn't kill you.

Don't worry about it, at 16 she is totally legal. Plus, in the grand scheme of things, 4 years is not a massive gap.
Reply 19
come on mate sort your life out. I ain't even trying to be rude like there are so many girls out there that are your age and your falling for a little girl. If I were you I would just snap myself out of it. Especially when you said that all your girls have been older, plus this 16 year old probs just wants a little bit of attention cause not many girls that age get a boyfriend that is older than them. Look please your a young man and she is teen girl, you should be looking for young women mate. See the key word there WOMEN.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending