The Student Room Group

Edexcel M2 2016 Unofficial Mark scheme

M2 Unofficial Mark Scheme.
Only questions 1-6 so far, doesn't show the marks.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1
You're a hero
**** got the COM q wrong, i dunno where i went wrong i checked over loads. Anyone remember answers for 7? I got e=1/14 and they will collide again cant remember for the v1 v2 though
Thank you very much for these! I got 30/7 for lambda in q6 so that's thrown that one out the window but other than that I'm pleased
Original post by ApieceOFsoap
**** got the COM q wrong, i dunno where i went wrong i checked over loads. Anyone remember answers for 7? I got e=1/14 and they will collide again cant remember for the v1 v2 though

I also got e=1/14, but that they wouldn't collide as they were both going at a speed of 3u/20 with the direction of motion reversed
Original post by GeneralCarnage
I also got e=1/14, but that they wouldn't collide as they were both going at a speed of 3u/20 with the direction of motion reversed

That's what I got too. Took me a while to figure out that the impulse was in the negative direction though, I kept getting e > 1 at first
Reply 6
Wasn't question 4 0.83m?

Fairly sure all of the measurements were in metres
Original post by Mathlete2198

I got literally what you got exactly, so that looks good
Reply 8

Thanks but where's question 1?
what was question 7
Question 7 was collisions between particles.

For a) I believe particle A had a speed of 0.05U, and particle B had a speed of 2.1U.
b) I think it was 1/14 = e,
and for c), there was no further collision, as both A and B had the same speed (of 0.05U), in the same direction.

I'm not 100% sure on these, however.
Reply 11
Original post by Nick-Gregory
Question 7 was collisions between particles.

For a) I believe particle A had a speed of 0.05U, and particle B had a speed of 2.1U.
b) I think it was 1/14 = e,
and for c), there was no further collision, as both A and B had the same speed (of 0.05U), in the same direction.

I'm not 100% sure on these, however.

wasn't it -3/20 for the same velocity???
Reply 12
Original post by rogerwww

Yeah I got 3/20 aswell
Original post by rogerwww

As I said, not 100%, if you 2 got that you're probably right.
i mean the question itself with the speeds value of u masses and impulse...since i cant remember fully my answers i want to try do it to confirm
Here are my model answers, with actual questions. Let me know if you spot any mistakes. I disagree with Mathlete2189 on the projectile motion question. If the position is -j, the angle should be negative.
Reply 16

For 1(b), I didn't put the limits 2 and 3 cos I wasn't sure. I just did a general integration with a constant c at the end. How many marks do you think I'll lose?? Also in 7, I didn't read the question again and found the angle as below the horizontal (like when the particle is travelling towards the ground) but the method was correct. Not sure about the numbers tho. How many marks do u think I'll lose?? Thanks!
Reply 17
The answer 30/7 wouldn't gain you the accuracy mark since an approximation of g needs to be to 2 or 3 SF. Well done on the solutions, though - long due
Reply 18
June M2 2016 IAL anyone? Model answers
Can someone PLEASE tell me for the centre of mass question if you take AD as the origin how you got the centre of mass of the sector to be that value in the bracket and not just 16 root2 divide by 3pie by itself . Been struggling for hours and I just want to know this answer . Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending