The Student Room Group

AQA A2 Mathematics Pure Core 4 MPC4 - 17th June 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by fpmaniac
I did OD = OA + CB cos C was on line1 so I worked out the coordinates of C and therefore D. Then I worked out DC then found the distance of DC and equaled it to third of distance of AB. I got some weird decimal answer. How many method marks would I get. Im sure i calculated in right

If you calculated right you should get all marks don't you? If they don't accept decimals (one j component would've been -3.33 or sth) one mark off but I doubt they'd do that because I don't think they said "in exact form"
Lol are you talking about biology cos i do dat too

Chemistry and physics, I don't do biology :tongue: But I would do that for biology too, if I did it
Original post by BioStudentx
83% UMS on C4
65% UMS on C3

That is oddly specific :lol:
I found Core 3, although difficult, easier to do well on than this exam, any ideas what the 90 UMS boundary might be? I didn't get to see what the general feeling about this paper was, easier than previous years?
im really annoyed that i cant remember by answer to the vectors question. My corrdinates had a distance of one third of root 560 so i must of done it right surely.
Hi guys according to the unofficial mark schemes here I got around 55 in C4 and around 63 in C3 is that enough for A* you reckon?
Can someone link me the unofficial mark scheme? Can't find it
Original post by desertrosemaker

I can't find it either, can you link it to me when you get it please?
Original post by Roxanne18

Will do
Original post by BioStudentx
83% UMS on C4
65% UMS on C3

Wow really I thought I'd only get 70 for core 4 and 40/50 for core 3. Hoping low boundaries and 100 UMS in D2 and last year's UMS will boost me up. Thanks for your response :-)
Original post by desertrosemaker

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4172260
Original post by TheAce09
Hi guys according to the unofficial mark schemes here I got around 55 in C4 and around 63 in C3 is that enough for A* you reckon?

It is a possibility, you'll just have to wait and see for those grade boundaries
Should really know this but could someone please explain what ums out of 600 do I need for an A* in pure maths?? I know I need to average over 90 ums in c3 and c4 for a* but how about my 2nd applied unit i.e. m2 in my case? Can I get like an E in M2 but get A* overall if c3+4 are over 90%?

PLEASE HELP
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Roxanne18

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4172260 There you go :smile:
Original post by bmatcrazy
Should really know this but could someone please explain what ums out of 600 do I need for an A* in pure maths?? I know I need to average over 90 ums in c3 and c4 for a* but how about my 2nd applied unit i.e. m2 in my case? Can I get like an E in M2 but get A* overall if c3+4 are over 90%?

PLEASE HELP

You need 90% over core 3 and core 4, and then an A overall, so 480UMS, I believe.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by EmyJ14
You need 90% over core 3 and core 4, and then an A overall, so 480UMS, I believe.

Posted from TSR Mobile

To be honest you need 90 UMS in all three, getting an E in M2 will bring your grade down massivley.
Original post by C0balt
If you calculated right you should get all marks don't you? If they don't accept decimals (one j component would've been -3.33 or sth) one mark off but I doubt they'd do that because I don't think they said "in exact form"

Chemistry and physics, I don't do biology :tongue: But I would do that for biology too, if I did it

I used to quadratic formula to work out lambda then got some weird answer then i just gave up for that question I didnt even right the answer. But do you think my methods are right
Original post by EmyJ14

Posted from TSR Mobile

Last year I got 299 ums so if I get 90 average for c3 and 4 I need like 1 ums in m2?
I used to quadratic formula to work out lambda then got some weird answer then i just gave up for that question I didnt even right the answer. But do you think my methods are right

Yes it sounded reasonable
Original post by bmatcrazy
Last year I got 299 ums so if I get 90 average for c3 and 4 I need like 1 ums in m2?

I suppose that technically that is all you need... :lol:

The attached photo is from an AQA document which explains how you can get an A*. If you want to look at the whole document, search 'AQA guide to A* at A-Level' or something and you should be able to find it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending