The Student Room Group

AQA MPC4 Unofficial Mark Scheme 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Samtheoneson
I used quotient rule for dy/dt but got slightly diffrent answer

I think we all agree that 1/2e^4 is the answer but I don't think it matters what method you use
question 8b, I didn't use the first part of the question and I just did the second part as is and i got something like sin3y - 3ycos3y = -1/9(4+9x) + 1/36 + pi

........ wtf did i do
Reply 22
Original post by gcsekid
Some of these r rong mate

Which? They look all good to me according to my memory
Reply 23
Original post by Qcomber
Which? They look all good to me according to my memory

-1/2 < x < 1/2 pretty sure this is just mod x < 1/2 ???
Reply 24
Original post by matty9
-1/2 < x < 1/2 pretty sure this is just mod x < 1/2 ???

Just different way of writing... Doesn't matter
Reply 25
Original post by C0balt
Just different way of writing... Doesn't matter

Oh yeah, forgot about the mod, being +/-, never knew you could write it that way
Original post by Samtheoneson
No = 13/35

cos(theta) = 23/35 for a fact cos I got 92/140 initially and then simplified it down to 23/35
Original post by samilahmed
cos(theta) = 23/35 for a fact cos I got 92/140 initially and then simplified it down to 23/35

Then you worked it out wrong because it was 52/140 simplified to 13/35
Original post by Crespo0008
Then you worked it out wrong because it was 52/140 simplified to 13/35

i agree... i got 13/35
Original post by C0balt
I think we all agree that 1/2e^4 is the answer but I don't think it matters what method you use

I left my answer as 328e^2/656e^-2 i think, this is still correct right as it didnt ask for it in a certain form?
Original post by bencurnow
As it was (1+2x) we have -1 < 2x < 1 so -1/2 < x < 1/2

D'oh. I guess it's just one mark lost.
Reply 31
Original post by mertyuiop
I left my answer as 328e^2/656e^-2 i think, this is still correct right as it didnt ask for it in a certain form?

Hopefully the examiner bothers to spot that it's indeed a half :tongue:
Original post by mertyuiop

first of all how did you get that

second of all all it said waas find dy/dx didnt specifiy simplified form so yous hould get it
Original post by Number Nine
first of all how did you get that

second of all all it said waas find dy/dx didnt specifiy simplified form so yous hould get it

Im not sure tbh, i did quotient rule on both x and y and ended up with a 4 tier fraction. Then i subbed t into each line separately and got that answer.
you know for the vectors questions? to find the acute angle, was it to find the acute angle between the line 1 and line 2?
Reply 35
Original post by harrybo6
you know for the vectors questions? to find the acute angle, was it to find the acute angle between the line 1 and line 2?

You just had to find the cos of the angle between L1 and L2.
AQA scan and send our papers to multiple examiners to mark right, and the marks we get is the average of that?, or is it just 1 guy who marks it all
I got 13/40....
I did get 52/140, maybe I somehow simplified it wrong or I'm just remembering my final answer wrong
Am i the only one that thats ran out of time for q 8
Original post by crimson1234
AQA scan and send our papers to multiple examiners to mark right, and the marks we get is the average of that?, or is it just 1 guy who marks it all

One examiner marks your paper, but a few papers are sent to two examiners at random to judge how accurately they're marking, if they're marked by two maybe they take the average.
I think that's how my teacher said it works, anyway

Quick Reply

Latest