The Student Room Group

Remainers. Stop using Joe Cox's death for your own political gain.

I keep seeing people using the death of an innocent woman to push their beliefs on people.

Its WRONG. Stop it NOW!
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

not sure who Joe Cox is, but RIP.
Original post by Mathemagicien
Why has this thread got no OP?

Don't know why. But for some reason TSR is reviewing every post I make that has a video in. Including this one. I hate the new TSR.
As far as I understood it, both sides have temporarily stopped campaigning due to her death. It is tragic but absolutely nothing to do with the referendum.
Reply 4
Original post by Platopus
As far as I understood it, both sides have temporarily stopped campaigning due to her death. It is tragic but absolutely nothing to do with the referendum.

BREAKING NEWS: Man accused of killing MP Jo Cox gives his name as 'Death to traitors, freedom for Britain' as he appears in court

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3647637/Man-52-charged-murder-GBH-possession-firearm-Labour-MP-Jo-Cox-shot-stabbed-death-street.html
Reply 5
The brexiters and the right wingers do have an irony deficiency.
Original post by the bear
not sure who Joe Cox is, but RIP.

She was a Labour MP for Batley and Spen and got stabbed and shot on Thursday. She died in hospital. Only aged 41 or something like that.
Reply 7
Original post by ExamBuddy101
She was a Labour MP for Batley and Spen and got stabbed and shot on Thursday. She died in hospital. Only aged 41 or something like that.

I think he's pointing out that she's called Jo
Original post by Themini

Did Britain First actually say "It isn't fair to blame us all for the actions of a few" or something to that effect? I honestly thought it was a joke when I seen it on FB. They must be thicker than I thought ..
Original post by 1 8 13 20 42
I think he's pointing out that she's called Jo

That'll teach me to read more haha. I knew her name was Jo but never picked up on that in This post. Cheers.
Mods should just delete this thread.
The OP was probably deleted, which is why it looks strange.

There have been plenty of threads trying to make political capital out of the situation and based on unsubstatiated evidence and speculation.
People who affiliate themselves with the Remain Camp and who do use Jo Cox's death for their own political gain are just as bad as the far-right who use acts of terror committed by Muslims to label and demean the entire Muslim population. Thankfully, most people are mature enough to ignore the politics and concentrate on the death of a warmhearted MP, but like everything, there are always going to be people who will use moments like this to provoke a reaction, and moreover, it's these people who always grab the limelight.

We should of course mourn the death of an MP, especially one who died under such tragic circumstances. However, political campaigning should never be postponed as a result of terror.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 12
Original post by 999tigger

There have been plenty of threads trying to make political capital

And this thread is no different, attempting to silence certain opinions, tut tut.
You can't blame people for using anything they can to get votes. That's the aim of each side of the referendum- to get enough votes for their side to win. If you have an opportunity to get votes, take it.
Original post by ExamBuddy101
Did Britain First actually say "It isn't fair to blame us all for the actions of a few" or something to that effect? I honestly thought it was a joke when I seen it on FB. They must be thicker than I thought ..

The right wing aren't particularly bright, you should know that by now :wink:. Most of them live in council flats and haven't worked a day in their lives and then continue to blame immigrants who pay for their pathetic existence though taxes.
Original post by Themini

Not as ironic as you seemingly not appreciating that tarring all 'Brexiteers' with the same brush as a lone skinhead loon is no better than accusing all Muslims of being complicit in acts of terror by similar lone-wolf unhinged nuts.

Also the political Right is on a spectral scale like the Left.

Wether you consider yourself Left or Right of centre, I suspect you don't wish to be associated with the neo-communist fanatical agitators or the Britain First nuts.

The lunatic fringe doesn't automatically make everyone else you are opposed to guilty by association.

I assume you're a uni student, don't sell yourself so short with such intellectually vapid rhetoric.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 16
Original post by Mathemagicien
Why has this thread got no OP?

You are the OP
Original post by Studentus-anonymous
Not as ironic as you seemingly not appreciating that tarring all 'Brexiteers' with the same brush as a lone skinhead loon is no better than accusing all Muslims of being complicit in acts of terror by similar lone-wolf unhinged nuts.

I assume you;re a uni student, don;t sell yourself so short with such intellectually vapid rhetoric.

Perhaps you misunderstood that was not a generalisation of everyone who supports brexit, just the right wing parade on TSR.

Every time there is an atrocity committed by someone of the Islamic faith TSR lights up with brexitters and the right wing pro Israeli type crowd chanting all sorts of vulgar messages. Their common arguments are that islam is incompatible, that its vile, violent, they're supporters of terrorism "for every radical Muslim that chops your head off, there's a moderate Muslim that wants the radical to chop your head off"; that immigrants are coming in and brexit will somehow magically stop that.

So they use these type of stories for their own right wing agenda and political gains then to turn around to call this particular kettle black is kind of ironic.

Like the Orlando attack, the ring wing parade on TSR started spouting hate and calling it an Islamist attack before anything was confirmed. Now we know that attacker was a homosexual himself and a regular at that gay bar. He had several failed homosexual relationships and was on a lot of LGBT dating apps and websites.
(edited 7 years ago)
Disgusting thread title.

So far most of the running in the cynical exploitation stakes for this horrible terrorist murder has been made by trolling right wing posters anxious to ensure that it doesn't get labelled as anything to do with the racist far-right violent atmosphere their endless hate messages have helped create.
Original post by Snake_God 2.0
I keep seeing people using the death of an innocent woman to push their beliefs on people.

Its WRONG. Stop it NOW!

i feel such remorse of an innocent women bening killed may she rest in peace and yeah i hate the fact that muslims always get labelled terrorist if this was to be a muslim but infact this guy who killed jo cox dint get labelled a terrorist what kind of justness is this?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending