The Student Room Group

Retail jobs for School Leavers & College Students

I'm 16 and I'm going to finish my GCSEs at the 21st of this month. And I'm confused where can I work, so could you suggest some jobs that is suitable as a part time job and what positions can you be at?

Thanks for participating on this thread
Original post by ARK_REVISES
I'm 16 and I'm going to finish my GCSEs at the 21st of this month. And I'm confused where can I work, so could you suggest some jobs that is suitable as a part time job and what positions can you be at?

Thanks for participating on this thread

I guess I'd say one in customer service like in bookshops, stores or local restaurants. They're pretty flexible with the time and duration. They also don't require like loads of experience. Most of the time they also have spaces during the summer due to people going on vacations and due to increased demands.

The job positions are as you expect like as a server or stock.

EDIT:

Sorry, just realised that you ask retail specifically. XD

WHSmith and local bookstores usually have spaces at this time. Cooperative and big supermarkets can sometimes have spaces but I think you'll have more luck in like cornershops or something more indpendent

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Firenze26
I guess I'd say one in customer service like in bookshops, stores or local restaurants. They're pretty flexible with the time and duration. They also don't require like loads of experience. Most of the time they also have spaces during the summer due to people going on vacations and due to increased demands.

The job positions are as you expect like as a server or stock.

EDIT:

Sorry, just realised that you ask retail specifically. XD

WHSmith and local bookstores usually have spaces at this time. Cooperative and big supermarkets can sometimes have spaces but I think you'll have more luck in like cornershops or something more indpendent

Posted from TSR Mobile

How do u get the job
How do u get the job

Start handing in CV's to places that could accept you. If you don't get a reply keep on trying.
How do u get the job

Some workplaces like WHSmiths have an application process where you can fill up an application or find an e-mail address where you ask about the opening and what you should do and they'll send you a list of what you should send them.

Most local shops and stuff usually have a poster or something that says what position is available and how to apply so just follow those. You can also try talking to the manager during slow times in the day.

Good luck. Don't forget to have your CV ready.

P.S.

Sorry for the horrible grammar. :frown:
Original post by Firenze26
Some workplaces like WHSmiths have an application process where you can fill up an application or find an e-mail address where you ask about the opening and what you should do and they'll send you a list of what you should send them.

Most local shops and stuff usually have a poster or something that says what position is available and how to apply so just follow those. You can also try talking to the manager during slow times in the day.

Good luck. Don't forget to have your CV ready.

P.S.

Sorry for the horrible grammar. :frown:

I went the official website of WHSmith, created an account, made an attempt to find some places but it said it didn't have any. What should I do? :frown::frown:
Original post by zacktreble12
Start handing in CV's to places that could accept you. If you don't get a reply keep on trying.

Do I just hand them out in stores

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending