The Student Room Group

Edexcel Spanish A2 Unit 4 - 20 June 2016

Hi everyone,

I just thought I'd create a thread for this exam as there doesn't seem to be one yet. What is everyone doing to revise? What topics do you think will come up?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by jeevanr21
Hi everyone,

I just thought I'd create a thread for this exam as there doesn't seem to be one yet. What is everyone doing to revise? What topics do you think will come up?

Hi, I'm just doing some translations and carrying on with my research. I picked the geographical RBE but I have no clue on what could come up so it can either go really well or really badly!
Reply 2
Original post by joao31
Hi, I'm just doing some translations and carrying on with my research. I picked the geographical RBE but I have no clue on what could come up so it can either go really well or really badly!

Hi! Ah, I'm doing the literature and the arts RBE. I'm sure you'll be fine - my teacher advised us to revise the EU vocab - it came up in French so I'm not sure whether it will come up but better to just make sure I think!
Reply 3
Original post by jeevanr21
Hi! Ah, I'm doing the literature and the arts RBE. I'm sure you'll be fine - my teacher advised us to revise the EU vocab - it came up in French so I'm not sure whether it will come up but better to just make sure I think!

Ahhh fair enough and yes that is very possible to come up since it's a recent topic!
I'm just worried more about the research based question because they can ask us anything and for the geographical one you need to know a lot of facts and figures.
Reply 4
I'm gonna be be doing the historical RBE, anyone have any predictions??
Reply 5
I'm actually so scared. Ive been studying the film Volver for RBE and the question could be anything!!

Would immigration or terrorism come up?
Reply 6
Original post by Roha
I'm actually so scared. Ive been studying the film Volver for RBE and the question could be anything!!

I've studied Volver too and I find it so difficult! what do you think could come up? I've looked at some of the other languages exams and german has had describe the relationship between two characters, which characters would you chose? x
Reply 7
Not many people are actually doing Volver. DO you have any critics you think i should use?
I think it would make most sense to describe the relationship between Irene & Raimunda. Like how torn the relationship was due to Raimunda's Assault, and how they were separated for years but then reconciled when she 'resurrected'. You could even say that their relationship set a precedence for the rest of the film
What about a question for a scene? what could you write x
Reply 8
Original post by Roha
Not many people are actually doing Volver. DO you have any critics you think i should use?
I think it would make most sense to describe the relationship between Irene & Raimunda. Like how torn the relationship was due to Raimunda's Assault, and how they were separated for years but then reconciled when she 'resurrected'. You could even say that their relationship set a precedence for the rest of the film
What about a question for a scene? what could you write x

I think It would depend on how the question was worded, if it asked for one which reflected a theme I think id write about when Raimunda is preparing the restaurant and all the female neighbours offer to help because it shows the theme of feminism and how they don't need men
Hey, I'm doing the historical research based essay on the Cuban Revolution. I was just wondering what people think will come up for the discursive essay, question 2?
Original post by Roha

I feel like immigration and terrorism are both very relevant topics as of late. I think something along the lines of war and conflict may also come up as an essay title like this has never been seen before in the previous papers yet is a prominent part of news in our society.
Reply 11
I'm basically starting the literature based part today as I'm self-teaching myself the A2 course. Has anyone read como agua para chocolate and have some essays on it, even if it's a C-D grade? I just want to see what they would look like.
Is anyone doing Requiém por un campesino español for RBE? any critics would be great!
Original post by Egge
I'm gonna be be doing the historical RBE, anyone have any predictions??

Either an event or a person

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi!

I'm terrified for this exam! I'm studying Pan's Labyrinth for the RBE. I'm really thinking it'll either be social/cultural or they'll make us write about one specific scene, which would just be a nightmare!

How are you all preparing? I've been planning discursive essays and RBEs, and just revising quotes and stuff for that bit
Reply 15
Original post by Jedwards
Hi!

I'm terrified for this exam! I'm studying Pan's Labyrinth for the RBE. I'm really thinking it'll either be social/cultural or they'll make us write about one specific scene, which would just be a nightmare!

How are you all preparing? I've been planning discursive essays and RBEs, and just revising quotes and stuff for that bit

I dont think they would ask about social cultural aspects again. I think they might ask about a scene and how it contributes to a theme or something. I've watched laberinto del fauno but chose to study Volver. Good luck!
Reply 16
Ive been studying the film hable con ella. how are you revising?
Reply 17
I can tell you the topics which probably won't come up, having done the French exam last tuesday:

Monarchy,
Immigration (in the EU?)
Energy
Reply 18
I'm doing Volver too. I've come to realise that the main theme is probably that of 'Volver' rather than smaller themes that are incorporated into the film like family and solidarity of women
Original post by Roha
I dont think they would ask about social cultural aspects again. I think they might ask about a scene and how it contributes to a theme or something. I've watched laberinto del fauno but chose to study Volver. Good luck!

I think if they were to ask it, they'd link it with another element (like themes, characters or techniques), although that might not be as applicable to other films as it would be for El laberinto del fauno. I'm definitely leaning more towards a specific scene now, as I'm pretty sure most other languages have had it.

I've seen Volver too, our teacher offered us the chance to study that instead, but most of us were set on this one haha. Thanks! Good luck to you too!

Quick Reply