The Student Room Group

Mcdonalds interview...?

Ok, so I applied for a job at mcdonalds about 3 weeks ago and on tuesday I had an interview. Everything went really well and the woman had essentially told me I had the job, but they would let me know within 7 days. I was hopeful but got a rejection email yesterday (Friday). I then have a look and see that they have immediately posted the job vacancy online again! So I reapply thinking they won't accept me because I was already rejected, but now I've got a job interview with them AGAIN on tuesday - exactly a week after the first one. Do I not go? Do I ring them and ask? I will feel very embarrassed if I go in for an interview with the same person a week later, in case I'm questioned on why I've reapplied or whatever.
Original post by smc720
Ok, so I applied for a job at mcdonalds about 3 weeks ago and on tuesday I had an interview. Everything went really well and the woman had essentially told me I had the job, but they would let me know within 7 days. I was hopeful but got a rejection email yesterday (Friday). I then have a look and see that they have immediately posted the job vacancy online again! So I reapply thinking they won't accept me because I was already rejected, but now I've got a job interview with them AGAIN on tuesday - exactly a week after the first one. Do I not go? Do I ring them and ask? I will feel very embarrassed if I go in for an interview with the same person a week later, in case I'm questioned on why I've reapplied or whatever.

I'm not sure. You could always ask why they rejected you, tell them you'll work on it and ask for a second interview?

Do they have a rule for instance that you cant apply again for another month?

If you feel like you want to apply again, go for it! Or try a different branch perhaps!?

Good luck! :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by amingo26
I'm not sure. You could always ask why they rejected you, tell them you'll work on it and ask for a second interview?

Do they have a rule for instance that you cant apply again for another month?

If you feel like you want to apply again, go for it! Or try a different branch perhaps!?

Good luck! :smile:

I applied for a role, got rejected and applied again when the vacancy was relisted online. I used the same email address and everything, and they've put me in for another interview despite the fact that they just rejected me from the same role yesterday...
Original post by smc720
I applied for a role, got rejected and applied again when the vacancy was relisted online. I used the same email address and everything, and they've put me in for another interview despite the fact that they just rejected me from the same role yesterday...

I apologise! I misread.

Just go? You might have the same person but... hey it shows you're determined right? That can only be a good thing.
Reply 4
Original post by amingo26
I apologise! I misread.

Just go? You might have the same person but... hey it shows you're determined right? That can only be a good thing.

I do desperately want this job so I want to go but I feel silly... Would it perhaps be ok if I called the store and explained the situation, and then asked for feedback from my previous interview as I'm eager to do better in the next one?
Original post by smc720
I do desperately want this job so I want to go but I feel silly... Would it perhaps be ok if I called the store and explained the situation, and then asked for feedback from my previous interview as I'm eager to do better in the next one?

Yeah, perhaps call them first rather than just turning up and them going 'Oh, you again'.

You might be surprised. Ask them what you did wrong or how you can improve and ask for another interview if possible. If they have reposted the vacancy, it must be for the reason that they haven't found anybody. I don't know, I'm not McDonalds but it shows that you're determined and willing.
Reply 6
Ugh, I'm still stupidly worried about the whole thing. I'm worried that they'll question why I've applied again, despite the fact I was rejected less than a week ago. Am I overthinking?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending