The Student Room Group

AQA - CIV3C Greek Tragedy

Scroll to see replies

I did the Antigone questions and I flopped the 10! Hopefully I'll make up for it in my 20 and 40
Did anyone do the Hippolytus qs today? I found the 20 marker so difficult I wish I had done the Antigone instead! For the forgiveness 40 marker, I wrote on forgiveness, lack of such, divine revenge and hamartias- I regret everything... Goodbye dreams of uni
Original post by classicscrazy
Did anyone do the Hippolytus qs today? I found the 20 marker so difficult I wish I had done the Antigone instead! For the forgiveness 40 marker, I wrote on forgiveness, lack of such, divine revenge and hamartias- I regret everything... Goodbye dreams of uni

What were the questions on hippolytus?
Original post by classicscrazy

I also wrote about lack of forgiveness, divine revenge, tragic heroes inability to forgive themselves etc and my classics teacher said that was good so I'm sure you've done well, I'm just glad everyone's in the same boat cos then hopefully the grade boundaries will be low
Yeah, I had the same problem so i focused primarily on the lack of forgiveness because that comes up a lot in Hippolytus and Medea. I then used the other two texts to argue agains the importance of forgiveness. Just hope that's what they're looking for!
Reply 45
Original post by Waltz123
Is anyone else doing Tiberius and Claudius for the next exam?

i am, how you feeling about it? i find that there's so much content to know i struggle to know what is relevant or not
I haven't even started revising for unit 4
Is anyone doing the aeneid? No clue how to revise :frown:
Guys will someone help me feel better? if i did really really badly on the 10 marker will i still be able to get an A?
Original post by Cressida_Tess
Guys will someone help me feel better? if i did really really badly on the 10 marker will i still be able to get an A?

An A was 54 last year. So it can be any combination, (5 5 15 30 would get you an A) you can screw up the 10 marker and do well on the 20 and 40 and still get an A
Original post by koolcucumber

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4160719
Original post by koolcucumber

Me, but I'm too tired to revise and don't even know what happens after book 6
Original post by Azael274
An A was 54 last year. So it can be any combination, (5 5 15 30 would get you an A) you can screw up the 10 marker and do well on the 20 and 40 and still get an A

Thank you, this has made me feel so much better. I got a really high A last year so i'm hoping that it'll make up for my mark this year. Also seeing how everyone is a little bit unsure of how they've done may make the mark scheme lower xx
Original post by Winglet
i am, how you feeling about it? i find that there's so much content to know i struggle to know what is relevant or not

Yeah there's a ridiculous amount to remember and I hate having to read Tacitus and Suetonius
Reply 54
Thank you, this has made me feel so much better. I got a really high A last year so i'm hoping that it'll make up for my mark this year. Also seeing how everyone is a little bit unsure of how they've done may make the mark scheme lower xx

i also got a high A last year so theoretically if we got a B this year would we still get an A this year because it would balance it out? i desperately need it to be true after yesterday's exam aha
Reply 55
Yeah there's a ridiculous amount to remember and I hate having to read Tacitus and Suetonius

I hate Tacitus so much omg! he's way too salty just becuase domitian was being a bit of a moron. how are you putting in evaluation for suetonius and tacitus because if find it hard to put in evaluation at a relevant stage in the essay
Original post by Winglet
i also got a high A last year so theoretically if we got a B this year would we still get an A this year because it would balance it out? i desperately need it to be true after yesterday's exam aha

Yeah I think it will balance it out, or a least that's what I'm telling myself!
Original post by Winglet
I hate Tacitus so much omg! he's way too salty just becuase domitian was being a bit of a moron. how are you putting in evaluation for suetonius and tacitus because if find it hard to put in evaluation at a relevant stage in the essay

Normally if I can't think of a counter argument I just say although Tacitus is biased as he wanted the Republic back so exaggerated what Tiberius did to make the empire seem bad or it didn't work well
Reply 58
Normally if I can't think of a counter argument I just say although Tacitus is biased as he wanted the Republic back so exaggerated what Tiberius did to make the empire seem bad or it didn't work well

ah good shout, i just never seem to be able to fit in an evaluation point as it seems kinda random, hopefully we''ll get a decent question on the day. I'm hoping for a 40 marker on foreign policy
Reply 59
Yeah I think it will balance it out, or a least that's what I'm telling myself!

aha it had better do or i'm royally screwed! no uni for me if the other classics exam goes like yesterday's

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending