The Student Room Group

F295 Human Resources - 22nd June

Is anyone else doing this exam? I couldn't find a thread so thought I'd start one :smile:

Scroll to see replies

meeeeeee!!!! not that popular by the looks of things :frown:

what do you think will come up?
Reply 2
its all about HR though, is it bad that im feeling too chill about it?
.. its my last exam!!
Original post by AmAH
its all about HR though, is it bad that im feeling too chill about it?
.. its my last exam!!

me too! :biggrin:

Tbh no, I've just had a look at past papers (not 2015, will have to ask my teacher about that)

Question 1: Calculate (4)
2: 'Analyse 2' (6) 2x A03 (Easy!)
3: Evaluate/Discuss (13) So I'm guessing 3xA04 with no evaluation?
4: 'Analyse 1' (6) 1xAO3
5: 'Evaluate Discuss' (13) Same as Q3
6: 'Justify' (18) always starts with 'considering HR + other issues' so I'm guessing it's inviting you to answer on HR/finance/operations 3xA04 + evaluation
Reply 4
Original post by Harrylumsden
me too! :biggrin:

Tbh no, I've just had a look at past papers (not 2015, will have to ask my teacher about that)

Question 1: Calculate (4)
2: 'Analyse 2' (6) 2x A03 (Easy!)
3: Evaluate/Discuss (13) So I'm guessing 3xA04 with no evaluation?
4: 'Analyse 1' (6) 1xAO3
5: 'Evaluate Discuss' (13) Same as Q3
6: 'Justify' (18) always starts with 'considering HR + other issues' so I'm guessing it's inviting you to answer on HR/finance/operations 3xA04 + evaluation

what ratios should we know for this exam?
Original post by Passc3c4
what ratios should we know for this exam?

I don't think we need to know any ratios, only performance indicators e.g. lateness, absenteeism, labour turnover, wastage etc.

I'm a bit worried for it, haven't focussed on it at all really in revision!
This might be quite helpful though, goes through all the key areas: https://www.studyblue.com/#flashcard/view/9481805
(edited 7 years ago)
I'm doing this exam too as a resit! I got a D in the exam last year but got an A in f297 :frown:

Finding this really difficult to revise for, nothing seems to go in!

I've noticed a lot of the time, the 6 and 13 mark questions all relate on how it affects the staff.

For example, Analyse two reasons for why productivity has fallen.
This usually relates to things like lack of motivation or skills/qualifications of the workforce

Other examples include, Analyse two human resource issues as a result of high labour turnover
This would include things like additional unit costs as the firm have to recruit more staff, training costs as they have to train new staff, opportunity cost, current employees feeling demotivated and resent having a higher workload.
Reply 7
Would an example of analysis be "xxx demotivates staff, so productivity will fall, so higher labour costs per unit, labour turnover will increase, therefore higher costs of recruiting new staff, so profit margins fall etc..."

I've been so caught up in the whole 'evaluation' in F295 that i'm struggling to go back to just analysing!
yeah thats perfect analysis in my opinion, but then when we go onto evaluate what do we consider? short-term and long-term consequences? any other things we should consider when evaluating as L4 is very important.
what do we think is going to come up? You learning appraisal as that was on last year
Reply 10
Original post by georgie2498
what do we think is going to come up? You learning appraisal as that was on last year

What else came up last year do you know?

I've just learnt everything in general, all of the info will be in the case study so it wont be hard to apply the theory
i can't remember what came up last year, im trying to drill health and safety, employee participation, tribunals etc as things like training are common sense
What do we think could come up then? its my last exam and i am so unmotivated ahhha
Original post by ohmyapplepie
I don't think we need to know any ratios, only performance indicators e.g. lateness, absenteeism, labour turnover, wastage etc.

I'm a bit worried for it, haven't focussed on it at all really in revision!
This might be quite helpful though, goes through all the key areas: https://www.studyblue.com/#flashcard/view/9481805

this is literally all you need lol..
can someone just show me how they'd structure a 6 marker, 13 marker, 18 marker?
Do we need to know organisational structures??
How did everyone find it? :smile:
Original post by lucy112233
How did everyone find it? :smile:

Actually pretty easy!! I finished in an hour. What about you?
Time will tell, I don't know how to feel about that one..
I found it quite difficult, the calculation was easy but some of the wording of the questions were odd
Original post by georgie2498
I found it quite difficult, the calculation was easy but some of the wording of the questions were odd[/QUO

What did you out for the calculations

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending