The Student Room Group

Revision sites/notes?

Hi, Ive just finished my gcse's and now I want to start revising before-hand for my Alevels.
Do you guys know any good websites/revision notes that I can use for now because I dont have a textbook yet. -specifically chemistry/maths?

And is it true that the highest grade possible is an A?

AND CAN SOMEBODY PLEASE EXPLAIN HOW Alevels WORK? Im really confused by As' and A2's???

So i'm supposed to revise from both chemistry H032 and H433? - Shouldn't there be 6 modules for H032 spec?
mate calm down :lol:
Original post by shohaib712
Hi, Ive just finished my gcse's and now I want to start revising before-hand for my Alevels.
Do you guys know any good websites/revision notes that I can use for now because I dont have a textbook yet. -specifically chemistry/maths?

AND CAN SOMEBODY PLEASE EXPLAIN HOW Alevels WORK? Im really confused by As' and A2's???

So i'm supposed to revise from both chemistry H032 and H433? - Shouldn't there be 6 modules for H032 spec?

I am unsure as to whether you are a troll or not... you REALLY do not need to revise before you have even started lol.
Original post by emiloujess
I am unsure as to whether you are a troll or not... you REALLY do not need to revise before you have even started lol.

Lol I'm not ging to revise a lot - just cover half the spec

whats wrong with getting a head start?
Reply 5
Your panicking mate....relax....take deep breaths :bath:
Original post by theBranicAc
whats wrong with getting a head start?

Nothing, apart from that they don't seem to know the spec they need to revise or how A-Levels work...Plus you need to be able to enjoy yourself in the time you can, every A-Level student knows that.
Nothing, apart from that they don't seem to know the spec they need to revise or how A-Levels work...Plus you need to be able to enjoy yourself in the time you can, every A-Level student knows that.

Then why dont you explain it? Thats the purpose of the post... Not some trolling or whatever accusations your coming up with.

Do it. You'll be well ahead of your peers and rest of the country! :smile: Speak to your teachers, find out every single piece of information. They'll tell you to relax..etc but focus on yourself!
i've spent 5 years of my life working towards GCSEs, there is no way im going to let myself waste my first free holiday revising. im sorry mate but half the spec is a lot!

if you really do want to get a head start though, then become familiar with the topics that are covered, if any gcse topics come up that you are unsure about cover it, but take it easy buddy
Original post by sfaraj
i've spent 5 years of my life working towards GCSEs, there is no way im going to let myself waste my first free holiday revising. im sorry mate but half the spec is a lot!

if you really do want to get a head start though, then become familiar with the topics that are covered, if any gcse topics come up that you are unsure about cover it, but take it easy buddy

Thank you
Can you explain how the Alevel reform works?
Reply 12

AS is the first year, the highest grade you can get is an A. A2 is the second year, and you can get an A*
Then why dont you explain it? Thats the purpose of the post... Not some trolling or whatever accusations your coming up with.

How are we supposed to know what spec your school is doing?
Original post by Anonxx
AS is the first year, the highest grade you can get is an A. A2 is the second year, and you can get an A*

So AS doesn't count to your Alevel grade?
So AS doesn't count to your Alevel grade?

Not anymore but it used to. They have just changed the rules.
Original post by Kryptonian
Not anymore but it used to. They have just changed the rules.

So whats the point of doing AS if its not going to affect Alevels?
Thank you
Can you explain how the Alevel reform works?

well from what my form tutor told me, you take 3 or 4 depending on the school and all your exams A-Level would be in year 13 at the end of the 2 years therefore there would no longer be any AS grades which mean that if you drop a subject you dont get a grade in the end

however i don't think this applies to all subjects (i think maths in not incuded for our year) because the year 10s who get the new gcse would get the new A-level
So whats the point of doing AS if its not going to affect Alevels?

Ask the person that made the rules.

Quick Reply

Latest