The Student Room Group

OCR Biology B - B4 B5 B6 - Unofficial Mark Scheme

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by san88
Hey have u found an unofficial for the ocr p1 p2 p3 exam?

and.. it didnt go too well :/

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4167425& Here you are :smile:
Original post by some-student
Haha same - I started revision at 9:30pm last night for about 1 hour before I got too tired. I make flashcards from the specification, but they take so long that I had only got them ready by 9:30...

I found the exam hard too, and I also made quite a few mistakes aswell, especially on section D. It's really hard under the pressure of the exam especially when you get really difficult questions.

Good luck for physics and chemistry :smile:

Good luck to you too!! Biology is my worst so I'm glad it's over with! :biggrin:
Reply 62
I got 57/85 in this exam and got 55/75 in b1 b2 b3 exam but only got 38/48 in my coursework. Is it possible to get an A*
Hi I just had a couple of questions if someone could help me out, just in terms of have I misunderstood the question or whatever? In regards to question 3.b I thought it was asking about fertilisers so I put the main elements in a fertiliser so I put nitrogen, phosphorus, potassium, magnesium as this was on the spec. Then in question 7.b the question only asked why the temperature was used, so I just assumed you would only talk about the temperature and not the pH. Then on the question about why the same restriction enzyme had to be used I wrote about the genetic code being universal so all the amino acids are the same for all (it specifically asks for this in the B6 part of the spec) so I don't know if you might have to have written that as well. Of course I may be completely wrong in which case you may laugh at my stupidity! :wink: thanks so much :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Nahyr1
I got 57/85 in this exam and got 55/75 in b1 b2 b3 exam but only got 38/48 in my coursework. Is it possible to get an A*

according to the past few grade boundaries -

2015 - yes
2014 - you would've missed it by one UMS mark
2013 - yes

so it depends on what the grade boundaries are like this year, personally i think they'll be lower for B123 and around the same for B456, if not higher
Original post by HouseOfRichman
Hi I just had a couple of questions if someone could help me out, just in terms of have I misunderstood the question or whatever? In regards to question 3.b I thought it was asking about fertilisers so I put the main elements in a fertiliser so I put nitrogen, phosphorus, potassium, magnesium as this was on the spec. Then in question 7.b the question only asked why the temperature was used, so I just assumed you would only talk about the temperature and not the pH. Then on the question about why the same restriction enzyme had to be used I wrote about the genetic code being universal so all the amino acids are the same for all (it specifically asks for this in the B6 part of the spec) so I don't know if you might have to have written that as well. Of course I may be completely wrong in which case you may laugh at my stupidity! :wink: thanks so much :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I interpreted it as elements which all proteins contain which are hydrogen, oxygen, nitrogen and carbon - it confused me though, but I got it because in last year's paper (I think) there was a question asking where plants get hydrogen, carbon, nitrogen and oxygen from so it came to mind.
For 7.b I think I may have done the same as you - oops. I didn't write about the universality of genetic code but don't worry you might even get mark for it! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

For your last point, I think it was to do with complementary base pairing because by saying the genetic code is universal, it sort of argues against the question suggesting that any enzyme could be used because it wouldn't matter if you get me lol:redface:. I could be wrong though....:biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by U-GradeStudent
Good luck to you too!! Biology is my worst so I'm glad it's over with! :biggrin:

Same! I'm better and physics and chemistry :smile:
Original post by CandC
I think your original answer was right. I thought it asked why it's not below 35 or above 50

Ok - what I'll do is put both on there :smile:
Reply 69
In the b4 six marker, drier soil decreases transpiration rate not increases :smile:.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by leopard923
For your last point, I think it was to do with complementary base pairing because by saying the genetic code is universal, it sort of argues against the question suggesting that any enzyme could be used because it wouldn't matter if you get me lol:redface:. I could be wrong though....:biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks for that! You're not wrong :smile: I wrote it on my exam as, because of the universality of the amino acids, that if it cut in different places for the amino acids, a different gene would be isolated or something 😅 I might get a mark, I might not, can't do anything about it now!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by emperorzurg
I interpreted it as elements which all proteins contain which are hydrogen, oxygen, nitrogen and carbon - it confused me though, but I got it because in last year's paper (I think) there was a question asking where plants get hydrogen, carbon, nitrogen and oxygen from so it came to mind.
For 7.b I think I may have done the same as you - oops. I didn't write about the universality of genetic code but don't worry you might even get mark for it! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks that really reassures me :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks for that! You're not wrong :smile: I wrote it on my exam as, because of the universality of the amino acids, that if it cut in different places for the amino acids, a different gene would be isolated or something 😅 I might get a mark, I might not, can't do anything about it now!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ooohhhh get what you're saying! If I were the examiner I would definitely give you 1 or 2 marks lool :biggrin::tongue:.

Posted from TSR Mobile
In the b4 six marker, drier soil decreases transpiration rate not increases :smile:.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks - I will amend the mark scheme :smile:
Thanks - I will amend the mark scheme :smile:

No problem! Thanks for spending the time to make it :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
No problem! Thanks for spending the time to make it :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks - I much prefer making them to revising! :smile:
Thanks - I much prefer making them to revising! :smile:

Loool :biggrin: very true

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ooohhhh get what you're saying! If I were the examiner I would definitely give you 1 or 2 marks lool :biggrin::tongue:.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aww thanks :smile: good luck with chemistry on Monday!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Aww thanks :smile: good luck with chemistry on Monday!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you!! Good luck to you too !!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending