The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Are my grades good enough for LSE Law GCSE:A*A B B B B B B C C

I have extenuating circumstances at GCSE so hopefully my AS are good and I am writing my PS over summer. Do I stand a chance

GCSE: A* A B B B B B B C C
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by highfly
I have extenuating circumstances at GCSE so hopefully my AS are good and I am writing my PS over summer. Do I stand a chance

GCSE: A* A B B B B B B C C

If the extenuating circumstances are accepted, and you get good AS/A2 grades with a VERY strong personal statement I don't see why not. It is important to note LSE law, along with economics, has an average acceptance rate of 7%. Make sure your personal statement is strong, as LSE don't interview.
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 2
Original post by dyezrawna
If the extenuating circumstances are accepted, and you get good AS/A2 grades with a VERY strong personal statement I don't see why not. It is important to note LSE law, along with economics, has an average acceptance rate of 7%. Make sure your personal statement is strong, as LSE don't interview.

Thanks for your advice, I've already started doing reading books on law so I am going to start my PS over the summer , thanks again :smile:

Last year 17% of LSE Economics applicants and 17% of LSE Law applicants were given offers according to http://university.which.co.uk/
Original post by anonwinner
Last year 17% of LSE Economics applicants and 17% of LSE Law applicants were given offers according to http://university.which.co.uk/

For 2014/15, LSE had 2,962 applicants, and 187 got in...that's 6.3 percent
Reply 5

Maybe some people didn't accept their offer/put it as insurance
(I have seen in several cases unis having significantly lower ratios of applicants to intake than say Oxbridge, I think it must be due to this rather than them being more competitive..)
(edited 7 years ago)

Would that tic people who decided not to take up their place? Applicant numbers can be misleading becayse with UCAS everyone gets to make 5 applications, so no everyone will make it based on grades and others will decide to go elsewhere.
Original post by 999tigger
Would that tic people who decided not to take up their place? Applicant numbers can be misleading becayse with UCAS everyone gets to make 5 applications, so no everyone will make it based on grades and others will decide to go elsewhere.

Either way, my point is LSE has the lowest acceptance rate in the country by stats.
Either way, my point is LSE has the lowest acceptance rate in the country by stats.

But does your 6.7% take into account the points I mentioned?

Where are the stats?
Original post by 999tigger
But does your 6.7% take into account the points I mentioned?

Where are the stats?

The stats are on the LSE website. Don't know why you're crying over them.

No...

2,962 applied and 187 started the course that year. That does not mean only 187 people were given offers.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending