The Student Room Group

Bearings GCSE help

I need a bit of help on these questions please. Thank you.
@Zacken don't know if you could help :dontknow:
Reply 3
Original post by z_o_e
I need a bit of help on these questions please. Thank you.

Well, you'll need to provide your own thoughts and attempts on the matter first.

Original post by homeland.lsw
@Zacken don't know if you could help :dontknow:

Sure. :smile:
Original post by Zacken
Well, you'll need to provide your own thoughts and attempts on the matter first.

I'm sorry for tagging you :colondollar: I'm just revising FM now and forgot completely how to do bearings. All I know is you the bearing is measured from north clockwise (?)
Reply 5
Original post by Zacken

I have tried for 2 hours!!!
I can't get the right answer.

:/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by z_o_e
I have tried for 2 hours!!!
I can't get the right answer.

Yes, you've tried, so you should include your attempt in the first place. Anywho, you know for next time.

For the first part, P is at the origin, so since bearing is measured from the upper north line, the angle between the upper north line (where P lies on) and A is...? It's written down on the diagram for you!

For the next part, how many degrees do you need to move to go from the upper north line to end up at B? From your diagram, it's 60 + 120 + 40.
Reply 7
Original post by Zacken
Yes, you've tried, so you should include your attempt in the first place. Anywho, you know for next time.

For the first part, P is at the origin, so since bearing is measured from the upper north line, the angle between the upper north line (where P lies on) and A is...? It's written down on the diagram for you!

For the next part, how many degrees do you need to move to go from the upper north line to end up at B? From your diagram, it's 60 + 120 + 40.

Ohh so you measure from the north line? I got 60 and 220

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Reply 9
Original post by z_o_e
Ohh so you measure from the north line? I got 60 and 220

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes.
Reply 10
Original post by Zacken
Yes.

Thank you!!! I attempted these

I thought the first one was 150...
I thought it was the distance starting from P to Q around the Q point.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
Original post by Zacken

Can you explain these please?
The bearing of B from A :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
Original post by z_o_e
Thank you!!! I attempted these

I thought the first one was 150...
I thought it was the distance starting from P to Q around the Q point.

Posted from TSR Mobile

It says bearing of Q from P. So if you start at P and draw a vertical line upwards, how much do you need to rotate from that vertical line to get to Q, from P. The angle is 50 degrees.
Reply 13
Original post by Zacken
It says bearing of Q from P. So if you start at P and draw a vertical line upwards, how much do you need to rotate from that vertical line to get to Q, from P. The angle is 50 degrees.

Oh thanksss♥

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14

No problem, can you do the other ones now? At least try them first.
Reply 15
Original post by Zacken

Also you know question 3... The answer page tells me the answer is 70.. but I got this.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16
Original post by Zacken
No problem, can you do the other ones now? At least try them first.

Yeppp I've finished them :smile: moved onto percentages.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest