The Student Room Group

Pride in London - 2016 - All you need to know!

The London Pride Parade, 2016.
Okay, so, this month is Pride month. Pride month is a time when the LGBTQIA+ community and its supporters - straight allies; the law; the military; small businesses; corporate companies; and so on - come together in solidarity to show their support and celebrate.

I thought it'd be a good idea to make this thread for those who are thinking of going or those who are going and would like a little more information about what Pride is, why it's important, what events are going on, and how you can get involved.

2016 Warnings and Safety at Pride

What is Pride and why it important?

What can I do?

Where and When is Pride?

Pride Events

2016 Stonewall and Pride in London's Themes for

2015 Images from Pride in London,

2016 Supporters of Pride

(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Are any of you guys attending? :smile:
Reply 2
I will be on holiday at that time
Reply 3
Original post by M14B
I will be on holiday at that time

Ah, have a nice holiday :smile:
Original post by ivybridge

Hopefully either next year or the year after that, but I think this year is a bit early for me :redface:
I really enjoy Pride in Brighton but it's super corporate and expensive. It also just feels like a day for cis hets to get drunk, take drugs and gawp at the LGBTQ+ community and then claiming that their 'really good allies'...
Reply 6
Original post by homeland.lsw
Hopefully either next year or the year after that, but I think this year is a bit early for me :redface:

Hopefully I shall see you there in 2017 then! :smile:

Original post by SmallTownGirl
I really enjoy Pride in Brighton but it's super corporate and expensive. It also just feels like a day for cis hets to get drunk, take drugs and gawp at the LGBTQ+ community and then claiming that their 'really good allies'...

I haven't been to Brighton Pride but I don't think that's true of London. I also don't really think that's fair - it is supposed to be a celebration and the amount of things the average, less pro-LGBT shall we say, heterosexual guy or girl would find uncomfortable is in abundance at Pride. If they weren't at all supportive, I'm not sure they'd attend. But either way, they really don't take centre-stage. I dunno.
Reply 7
What about you guys? :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)

I would love to go but I don't know anyone who would go with me :colonhash: Hopefully next year I will find someone who would and go:yep:
Reply 9
Original post by loveleest
I would love to go but I don't know anyone who would go with me :colonhash: Hopefully next year I will find someone who would and go:yep:

I'd put my hand up to oblige but I'm in the Parade so I can't :frown: :console:

Hopefully you can come next year! :smile:
I'm really exited to attend Pride for the first time this year! I'm bi (in the closet) and I never thought about being on camera by accident! Thanks for letting me know. :smile:
First year I can't attend :emo:
I'd put my hand up to oblige but I'm in the Parade so I can't :frown: :console:

Hopefully you can come next year! :smile:

Awww:h::hugs:

Hoepfully :smile: Have fun and keep safe x
Reply 13
Original post by YaYazooGirl
I'm really exited to attend Pride for the first time this year! I'm bi (in the closet) and I never thought about being on camera by accident! Thanks for letting me know. :smile:

First of all I'm really proud of you for just biting the bullet and going despite being in the closet! Take it from me, you won't regret it (providing everything runs as smoothly as usual). When I first went, I was struggling so much with self-acceptance and it completely lifted me up. The event is beautiful.

I really hope you enjoy it and I'm glad the information has helped and that you're excited. Don't worry too much about the camera thing - it's unlikely unless you're in the parade.
Reply 14
Original post by loveleest
Awww:h::hugs:

Hoepfully :smile: Have fun and keep safe x

:jumphug:

Original post by Slowbro93
First year I can't attend :emo:

Why? :frown:
:jumphug:

Why? :frown:

Moving 300 miles from London didn't help :no:

However, bf and I are planning on making a weekend of Brighton pride so that should be good :h:
Reply 16
Original post by Slowbro93
Moving 300 miles from London didn't help :no:

However, bf and I are planning on making a weekend of Brighton pride so that should be good :h:

:frown:

Yay! Well, I hope you enjoy Brighton :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)

Bloody brilliant thread Jay! Sadly, I can't go :frown: I'm swamped with work and deadlines and won't be able to make it. Have fun for me!
Reply 18
Original post by iEthan
Bloody brilliant thread Jay! Sadly, I can't go :frown: I'm swamped with work and deadlines and won't be able to make it. Have fun for me!

Spoiler

I will do! It's a shame you can't come but hopefully you'll be able to next year :smile:

I got Edexcel Phyiscs Unit 5 on the 28th, so I need to revise for that,it's my last exam, but weakest unit. So I won't be able to make it sorry, though I'm definitely open to next year, it will be interesting to go and see it all :h:.

Quick Reply

Latest