The Student Room Group

Explaining Social Control in Psychology Using the Biological Approach

How can the biological approach explain/be applied to social control in psychology?
Original post by GattMariyibi
How can the biological approach explain/be applied to social control in psychology?

What is this for? A levels? Which exam board? (Just curious!)

You can possibly use drug therapy and talk about how its used to control behaviour in society e.g. drugs such as chorpromazine used on schizophrenics to stop their symptoms and allow them to conform to behaviour to what society expects. You can also talk about power issues as the psychiatrist may choose to administer drugs rather than the patient.
Original post by OrdinaryStudent
What is this for? A levels? Which exam board? (Just curious!)

You can possibly use drug therapy and talk about how its used to control behaviour in society e.g. drugs such as chorpromazine used on schizophrenics to stop their symptoms and allow them to conform to behaviour to what society expects. You can also talk about power issues as the psychiatrist may choose to administer drugs rather than the patient.

It's A2 and the exam board is Edexcel :smile: thanks for the answer it will help me a lot :smile:
It's A2 and the exam board is Edexcel :smile: thanks for the answer it will help me a lot :smile:

How come youre doing A2 now? Isnt the exam over?
How come youre doing A2 now? Isnt the exam over?

Just finished AS and now I've just started to do A2 work.
Just finished AS and now I've just started to do A2 work.

Oh okay, ive just finished A2! Nice to see your dedication hope you do well
Oh okay, ive just finished A2! Nice to see your dedication hope you do well

Haha thanks :smile: hope you get the grades you want.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending