The Student Room Group

AQA Chemistry Unit 4 with Anon_98

Scroll to see replies

Hi I know this is a really random question but I ran out of time in both Chem4 and Chem2 (I was retaking it this year) so couldn't go over all of my molecules and mechanisms in pen. I thought this was fine to leave them in pencil anyway but a friend has told me they won't mark them, is that true? Hope you can help
Reply 141
Original post by Laurie_
Hi I know this is a really random question but I ran out of time in both Chem4 and Chem2 (I was retaking it this year) so couldn't go over all of my molecules and mechanisms in pen. I thought this was fine to leave them in pencil anyway but a friend has told me they won't mark them, is that true? Hope you can help

...**** I hope not, the exam invigilators always say to use pencil for drawings :|
Reply 142
Original post by Laurie_

I don't know, quite a few people did this at my sixth form too + everyone was saying that since the front of the booklet clearly states black pen only, they wouldn't get any marks bc it apparently isn't visible once scanned in.. but I think the last thing you want to do is make yourself worried over that. Maybe ask your exams officer so you can be sure + then try to forget about it bc it's in the past. For Chem 5, just make sure you do everything in pen. Hopefully they'll mark them anyway. Good luck. <3
Original post by Anon_98
I don't know, quite a few people did this at my sixth form too + everyone was saying that since the front of the booklet clearly states black pen only, they wouldn't get any marks bc it apparently isn't visible once scanned in.. but I think the last thing you want to do is make yourself worried over that. Maybe ask your exams officer so you can be sure + then try to forget about it bc it's in the past. For Chem 5, just make sure you do everything in pen. Hopefully they'll mark them anyway. Good luck. <3

I did a different board, but pretty sure pencil is okay for drawing mechanisms. :s-smilie: We were told that the black pen-only instruction applied to actual writing - drawing in pen was generally discouraged because it was possible that they would give limited space and no extra paper (though we did get paper for the A2 modules because it had a section that only had questions on it with no space given to answer) so you didn't want to end up in a situation where you changed your mind but couldn't rub something out.
Reply 144
Original post by Hydeman
I did a different board, but pretty sure pencil is okay for drawing mechanisms. :s-smilie: We were told that the black pen-only instruction applied to actual writing - drawing in pen was generally discouraged because it was possible that they would give limited space and no extra paper (though we did get paper for the A2 modules because it had a section that only had questions on it with no space given to answer) so you didn't want to end up in a situation where you changed your mind but couldn't rub something out.

Oh hm..right, well I have no idea then. We usually draw them in pen in class etc + I personally always draw them in pen in the exam bc it's easier to get it done with rather than having to go back through + rub it out then re-draw once you're certain it's correct. What you're saying makes sense/is pretty logical though, I don't know. :'3
Thank you! I sent an email to my teacher and she said it is fine, scanning anything in pencil should be okay, so fingers crossed. Thanks for the help :smile:
Reply 146
Original post by Laurie_
Thank you! I sent an email to my teacher and she said it is fine, scanning anything in pencil should be okay, so fingers crossed. Thanks for the help :smile:

Goddamnit that makes me feel so much better, thank you! :colondollar:
has there been an unofficial mark scheme for chem 4 yet?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending