The Student Room Group

AQA - CIV3C Greek Tragedy

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Classics7979
Me, but I'm too tired to revise and don't even know what happens after book 6

Agreed, after book 6 I find it all gets a bit dull especially book eight! I'm just going to spend tomorrow doing the 40 markers on Aeneas as they come up so often so it's a safe bet!
Original post by Winglet
ah good shout, i just never seem to be able to fit in an evaluation point as it seems kinda random, hopefully we''ll get a decent question on the day. I'm hoping for a 40 marker on foreign policy

It's just good to try and put something about the reliability of Tacitus and Suetonius. I really liked last years paper which is annoying because the questions will probably be really different this year
Reply 62
Well hopefully they don't screw us over on both papers! I think as long as we know most of the content we should be okay!
Where have you all applied to uni and what are you hoping to study??
Original post by Oochiecoo
Where have you all applied to uni and what are you hoping to study??

i'm hoping to study classical civilisation at bristol but after yesterday i doubt that'll happen!
Original post by Cressida_Tess
i'm hoping to study classical civilisation at bristol but after yesterday i doubt that'll happen!

No wayy, I'm from bristol!! Awh man I really hope you get in, it is just the absolute best city and the uni life is insane!! Wish i didn't live here so i could go there haha, what grades do you needs??
No wayy, I'm from bristol!! Awh man I really hope you get in, it is just the absolute best city and the uni life is insane!! Wish i didn't live here so i could go there haha, what grades do you needs??

i need AAB but i had a really bad exam day yesterday (i had my english and classics exams) so fingers crossed that they went better then i think they did :/ what about you?
i need AAB but i had a really bad exam day yesterday (i had my english and classics exams) so fingers crossed that they went better then i think they did :/ what about you?

Yeah I had the same :frown: what's your back up options? I've applied for classical civ/studies at Reading (BBB) as my first choice and Swansea as second (BBB) so if I don't get 3 B's I guess it's clearing for me!! Haha
Yeah I had the same :frown: what's your back up options? I've applied for classical civ/studies at Reading (BBB) as my first choice and Swansea as second (BBB) so if I don't get 3 B's I guess it's clearing for me!! Haha

my back up is Birmingham with ABB, sometimes clearing isnt all that bad, some people get better places through clearing!
Hello guys... I'm worried that I might get a low mark on the 40 marker because I didn't write it thematically but play by play? It was the familiar myth one and I thought about doing it thematically but because it focused on the audience's emotional engagement with the play rather then various issues that could arise, it restricted me from writing it theme by theme. What do you think? Will I be okay?
Is anyone who is doing CIV4D in the forum for it?
Original post by Reepatel
Hello guys... I'm worried that I might get a low mark on the 40 marker because I didn't write it thematically but play by play? It was the familiar myth one and I thought about doing it thematically but because it focused on the audience's emotional engagement with the play rather then various issues that could arise, it restricted me from writing it theme by theme. What do you think? Will I be okay?

That sounds fine! I'm sure you did really well, not all 40s can be done thematically

Oh same here! I'm going for a deferred entry though
Reply 73

exact same here! It was awful, probably the wost i've ever done tbh so hopefully the boundaries will be low! Do you know if bristol sometimes still let people in with ABB for example?? Apparently they said on the open day not to worry if you don't get exactly what you want because its based on your personal statement as well but i'm not sure if they're just saying that haha
Wtf it's like a classics party at Bristol! Beginning to think i should've applied there!
Original post by pbjane
exact same here! It was awful, probably the wost i've ever done tbh so hopefully the boundaries will be low! Do you know if bristol sometimes still let people in with ABB for example?? Apparently they said on the open day not to worry if you don't get exactly what you want because its based on your personal statement as well but i'm not sure if they're just saying that haha

yeah i think they will i know someone who got AAC i think and still got in
Anyone planning to study classics at Newcastle?
Good luck everyone!!!!! Have you seen the grade boundaries??
Good luck everyone!!!!! Have you seen the grade boundaries??

They don't look too bad to be honest

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending