The Student Room Group

People that have left College, and are going to uni/ already been to Uni....

Who did you stay in contact with? e.g. with most classmate, or with proper friends?

Scroll to see replies

I've stayed in contact with all of my close friends from sixth form but that's about it.
Reply 2
Original post by claireestelle
I've stayed in contact with all of my close friends from sixth form but that's about it.

Did you meet up / was it mainly just texting?
Original post by Anonbabes
Did you meet up / was it mainly just texting?

We all live in different places but we try to meet up at least twice/three times a year and have skypes and talk on facebook relatively often.
Reply 4
I stayed in contact with close friends and family. It was mainly texts, calls, skype etc. There were opportunities where we arranged to meet up however I was unable to most of the time due to personal reasons.
Reply 5
We all live in different places but we try to meet up at least twice/three times a year and have skypes and talk on facebook relatively often.

Aw that's cute lol. The thing is my main friends, they never ever met up with me outside college in the two years we were in college. However, we do text a lot on whatsap. There's this guy who I think is going to ask to stay in touch with me but I don't know what to say cuz we're not really friends.

Original post by trc96
I stayed in contact with close friends and family. It was mainly texts, calls, skype etc. There were opportunities where we arranged to meet up however I was unable to most of the time due to personal reasons.

Oh right, who do you call your "close friends" i.e. what do they do to become one
Aw that's cute lol. The thing is my main friends, they never ever met up with me outside college in the two years we were in college. However, we do text a lot on whatsap. There's this guy who I think is going to ask to stay in touch with me but I don't know what to say cuz we're not really friends.

Ah i see, with my main friends we did things together every other weekend really.
Reply 7
Ah i see, with my main friends we did things together every other weekend really.

That's why I don't even know whether we're really friends
When I leave college and go to uni next year (hopefully) I probably won't keep in contact with anyone from college except one close friend.
That's why I don't even know whether we're really friends

friendship does mean different things to different people though.
Who did you stay in contact with? e.g. with most classmate, or with proper friends?

No one mate. We kinda knew the only reason we were friends was because we were on the same course.
Reply 11
Oh right, who do you call your "close friends" i.e. what do they do to become one

Erm like the people I've been friends with for years, share experiences with and can talk to about anything, any time, talk to them every day etc.. like a small amount of people that I'm close to and would essentially trust with my life and secrets lol. Amazing people I would call true friends!

Some close friends I did end up losing however as we simply found we had changed a lot at uni and the friendships became more and more toxic, so we parted ways. Ofc this is most likely not the case for everyone, just my personal experience- haven't heard about it happening to anyone else so don't think it's something to worry about for most people. I just have some personal stuff affecting me as did some of my friends at the time which made it more difficult to maintain healthy friendships. I think the main case was that we just grew up a lot at uni and clashed more as we found our own paths and depended on each other less.
So again, for most people not something to worry about imo.
Reply 12
Original post by trc96
Erm like the people I've been friends with for years, share experiences with and can talk to about anything, any time, talk to them every day etc.. like a small amount of people that I'm close to and would essentially trust with my life and secrets lol. Amazing people I would call true friends!

Some close friends I did end up losing however as we simply found we had changed a lot at uni and the friendships became more and more toxic, so we parted ways. Ofc this is most likely not the case for everyone, just my personal experience- haven't heard about it happening to anyone else so don't think it's something to worry about for most people. I just have some personal stuff affecting me as did some of my friends at the time which made it more difficult to maintain healthy friendships. I think the main case was that we just grew up a lot at uni and clashed more as we found our own paths and depended on each other less.
So again, for most people not something to worry about imo.

Right I think it's best to stay in touch with close friends.
Reply 13
Right I think it's best to stay in touch with close friends.

Definitely, no idea what I'd do without them :smile:
Reply 14
Original post by trc96
Definitely, no idea what I'd do without them :smile:

I need advice lol.

Imagine there's a guy who you normally talk about work , but he's very nice. Would you maintain contact
Reply 15
I need advice lol.

Imagine there's a guy who you normally talk about work , but he's very nice. Would you maintain contact

If you enjoy talking to him then sure, might develop a good friendship/more? But if it's generally conversation that's awkward and doesn't really move past that topic and you feel a bit weird about staying in contact you don't have to lol. But yeah again if you have a nice time talking to each other always worth trying to make a new friend imo :smile:
Reply 16
Original post by trc96
If you enjoy talking to him then sure, might develop a good friendship/more? But if it's generally conversation that's awkward and doesn't really move past that topic and you feel a bit weird about staying in contact you don't have to lol. But yeah again if you have a nice time talking to each other always worth trying to make a new friend imo :smile:

True lol actually I don't think there's any point keeping in contact 😂
Reply 17
True lol actually I don't think there's any point keeping in contact 😂

Haha if that's the case then erm....bye bye random dude xD If he's nice just gradually reply less / stop replying and let it drift :laugh:
Reply 18
Original post by trc96
Haha if that's the case then erm....bye bye random dude xD If he's nice just gradually reply less / stop replying and let it drift :laugh:

Honestly speaking I don't call anybody my friend. Friend in my dictionary are people that help you, give good advice, hang out, and actually do something when I say I don't feel well.

All he does is help with work,
Reply 19
Friend in my dictionary are people that help you, give good advice, hang out, and actually do something when I say I don't feel well.

Me too, you will find true friends eventually (it took me a while to develop good friendships / know what to look for in a friend)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending