The Student Room Group

WJEC C4 17th June 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Well barring losing out on random method marks I think I've done pretty well. I wasn't sure how much to give myself if I didn't get the final answer or bit right, so I just took off 2+ if that happened to be safe.

Looks like I'll get ~60/75, which is a lot lot better than I expected tbh
I think I've done good. Not as well as I thought I had coming out of the exam but I guess I was a bit to carried away with the paper not being impossible. I made a silly error on the partial fractions question (when I was differentiating it I wrote it to the wrong power), I couldn't do the last part of 3, misread the k question, wrote the wrong sign in the integration by parts and messed up the proof by contradiction. That's about 8 marks lost so i think I've got 67/75. Reasonably pleased. As long as the grade boundaries aren't as high as 2012 I've probably got 100 UMS. Relieved as I seriously screwed up C3.
I was so well prepared for that exam and felt really confident about it, but I thought they just made that exam deliberately fiddly with all the simplifying involved in the questions. I need an A* as well so I'm just hoping I've got 90 UMS, but I really don't know. I think I did fine on C3 though so hopefully i'll be okay.
Original post by Hopefulmedicesty
Thank you !!!!!!!!

No problem!!

Original post by Dominae
Somebody just posted a drop box for it on the other thread. I didn't realise anyone could make an account on the site, I thought it was only for students at a specific school :ahee: Where were you for the C3 exam!? :wink:

Also, let's take a moment to appreciate the fact that maths is the same in every language, cause I can't speak/read Welsh for ****.

Ye it is very miss leading, I just tried making an account and I was on my way haha!!

I can't speak or read a word of it but thank the lord that maths is maths
I seriously messed up the c4 paper :/ just made a lot of daft errors and looked at the unofficial mark scheme and my method is all correct but i think i must have got signs wrong and made stupid errors leading to so many marks lost when really i can do it :frown:
Think I lost about 20 marks. Hope it's enough for a Mid B!!
Original post by BubbleLover98
Think I lost about 20 marks. Hope it's enough for a Mid B!!

Would probably be enough for an A, given usual C4 boundaries. :holmes:
Original post by 98matt
Yes that's correct. Did you remember to integrate "1" into "x" also? If so, then you must've mistyped the numbers on your calculator - most likely 5/6 marks :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I did the exact same and got a different answer to everyone as well.
I got 54/55 marks what grade would you say that is?
Original post by JessyMarie
I got 54/55 marks what grade would you say that is?

Probably an A.
Original post by Hydeman
Probably an A.

The grade boundaries are extremely generous!
I've just realised I am going to have marks subtracted for the wrong tan values 😞😞 seems so unfair you are penalised for trying
Original post by EJRicketts
The grade boundaries are extremely generous!

Well, I hope they are. :smile:
The grade boundaries get released the day before results day, right?
Original post by Dominae
The grade boundaries get released the day before results day, right?

Yes, although I'm not sure what time on that day
Original post by 98matt
Yes, although I'm not sure what time on that day

It was midnight last year, so probably around then.
Reply 116
Original post by Dominae
Glad I'm not the only one did this. I was happy when others got the same answer 3.73 but when people started mentioning sin^2x + cos^2x = 1, I was thinking I just got really lucky.

Did you get 1/2 + 1/2 somewhere in your integral to get the 1? I think I remember doing that.

I have no idea what i did to be honest, it was all a blur! I split up each term into parts, integrated, added all the terms then times the answer with pi, when i integrated each separate term i took the 1/2 on the outside and then times it with 1/2 so i'm not really sure, something must have cancelled out or added up to make 1, i remember thinking it was way too much work for only 6 marks, but it can't have been a coincidence i don't think, took a lot of meticulous calculator workto have miraculously gotten the correct answer
Original post by Hydeman
Probably an A.

I hope so :smile:
Original post by its_georgiax
I've just realised I am going to have marks subtracted for the wrong tan values 😞😞 seems so unfair you are penalised for trying

You mean you factorised it correctly but found the wrong angles using cast?
Reply 119
so how many raw marks do you think you will need for 90 ums?? x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending