The Student Room Group

History edexcel gcse: British society unit 3a predictions

The exam is on the 21st of June and I was wondering if anyone had any idea about the topic that will come up - last year it was the General Strike, so surely the chances of it coming up again this year are very low right?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I think you might mean unit 3B? I am doing the same exam on Tuesday, I think it is most likely to be the Miners Strike as the last time it came up was in January 2012. If it isn't the Miners Strike it could be Poll Tax as that came up last in June 2013..

Good luck :smile:
Original post by Gingy2
I think you might mean unit 3B? I am doing the same exam on Tuesday, I think it is most likely to be the Miners Strike as the last time it came up was in January 2012. If it isn't the Miners Strike it could be Poll Tax as that came up last in June 2013..

nope some of us are doing 3a
so we don't learn stuff like the blitz etc, its about ww1 and laws etc
Reply 3
Original post by Gingy2

good luck to you too! but yeah i am doing 3a , but oh well hope it goes well for you on tues
Reply 4
Original post by aliyahh16
nope some of us are doing 3a
so we don't learn stuff like the blitz etc, its about ww1 and laws etc

YEY im guessing that you do 3A too then. what do you think will come up? because my teacher didnt really tell me anything about her predictions but i am pretty sure they wont ask about general strike two years in a row :smile:
Original post by emsypol
YEY im guessing that you do 3A too then. what do you think will come up? because my teacher didnt really tell me anything about her predictions but i am pretty sure they wont ask about general strike two years in a row :smile:

Either unit 2 or 3!
But do unit 1 too just incase.
Dont revise keytopic 4
Butyeah i have a feeling it's gonna be the war stuff
My teacher told us that it most likely will be Liberal Reforms, which I would be happy about if it came up :smile:
Reply 7
Either unit 2 or 3!
But do unit 1 too just incase.
Dont revise keytopic 4
Butyeah i have a feeling it's gonna be the war stuff

ah great i dont mind key topic 2 and 3 however im hoping that key topic 1 might come up because i know it the best , anyway thank you and good luck :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by george_c00per
My teacher told us that it most likely will be Liberal Reforms, which I would be happy about if it came up :smile:

ah that would be brilliant! i love that topic too , good luck for tuesday :biggrin:
Original post by emsypol
ah that would be brilliant! i love that topic too , good luck for tuesday :biggrin:

Thank you, you too! I probably should be revising at the moment oops :colondollar:
I'm doing 3C...
Could someone explain to me exactly how to go about doing Question 2 (What is the purpose of the source? Use details of the article and your own knowledge to explain your answer)? I don't really understand how to structure the question and what to include (should I talk about reliability etc.).
Reply 12
Original post by Daniyal_Ahmed
Could someone explain to me exactly how to go about doing Question 2 (What is the purpose of the source? Use details of the article and your own knowledge to explain your answer)? I don't really understand how to structure the question and what to include (should I talk about reliability etc.).

Only the purpose. So is used as a propaganda tool? Or is it to boost ones morale.

explain the purpose, e.g propaganda to do..

use detail from the source e.g. who's in the source

the overall message- for example if it was last years general strike question you'd say it was direct action was a threat to parliament and the constitution bc it was trying to turn the general public against the idea of a general strike..

then use a bit of your own knowledge, just a line or so doesn't matter
e.g last year you could've mentioned it was published in 1925 same year as black and red Friday..there was gonna be another possibility of a strike etc

ONLY SPEND 10 MINUTES ON THIS QUESTION
(edited 7 years ago)
explain the purpose, e.g propaganda to do..

use detail from the source e.g. who's in the source

the overall message- for example if it was last years general strike question you'd say it was direct action was a threat to parliament and the constitution bc it was trying to turn the general public against the idea of a general strike..

then use a bit of your own knowledge, just a line or so doesn't matter
e.g last year you could've mentioned it was published in 1925 same year as black and red Friday..there was gonna be another possibility of a strike etc

ONLY SPEND 10 MINUTES ON THIS QUESTION

Thank you so much! Really cleared a lot up. Thank god my exams are done tomorrow
Thank you so much! Really cleared a lot up. Thank god my exams are done tomorrow

You're welcome!
and same! can't wait to get it over and done with :h:
Original post by emsypol
The exam is on the 21st of June and I was wondering if anyone had any idea about the topic that will come up - last year it was the General Strike, so surely the chances of it coming up again this year are very low right?

Like General Strike, Defense of realm act, western front stalemate, schlieffen plan and like pensions
Reply 17
Keep in mind it is the 100th anniversary of the battle of the Somme...
Reply 18
how would you structure the 16 marker, im really confused??
Reply 19
Original post by emsypol

Key topic 3 probs gonna come up
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4175696

Quick Reply

Latest