The Student Room Group

I don't know what type of music I like

Generally, I find myself listening to video game music and anime soundtracks as I find them more immersive than most 'normal music'. I really want to develop a good taste in music and find a taste that suits me but I don't know how to start. How do you develop a taste in music and what sort of music do you normally listen to?
Reply 1
If you like game/anime music that is instrumental you might find some classical music very good as it is instrumental and in many cases quite calming. Not sure about what type you like to listen to but... I would strongly recommend some of Mark Isham's work, it is very good. However it isn't anything bad if you like game/anime soundtracks - I myself have a few friends that listen to that kind of music non-stop and must say some of it is quite good.

I normally listen to country music (more modern than any other genre) they include:
Carrie Underwood
Cam
Lady Antebellum
Sam Hunt
Keith Urban
(edited 7 years ago)
There's nothing wrong with that tbh, music is music.

Spoiler

But post some music you like and we can recommend similar stuff
Original post by HurtfulHarold
Generally, I find myself listening to video game music and anime soundtracks as I find them more immersive than most 'normal music'. I really want to develop a good taste in music and find a taste that suits me but I don't know how to start. How do you develop a taste in music and what sort of music do you normally listen to?

Download spotify.

Find top tracks UK listen to those, or be a lad and search "Grime Shutdown" its a playlist with grime
Original post by SuperHuman98
Download spotify.

Find top tracks UK listen to those, or be a lad and search "Grime Shutdown" its a playlist with grime

Alright, I'll try this thanks.

Quick Reply

Latest