Original post by Hauss

Spoiler

Original post by sweeneyrod

Spoiler

Spoiler

Original post by to4ka

Spoiler

Spoiler

Has anyone ever asked @Christ's Admissions how Cambridge feels about Mathmos meeting STEP but missing their A-level offer? I remember there was discussion on this thread and the Cambridge one about this, and with all the statistics around it, it seems like Cambridge mostly cares about STEP due to how big of an indicator it is for success in the Tripos. I guess asking @Christ's Admissions may be more useful in answering this question?
STEP III 2015 Q 6:

Spoiler

Original post by Mathemagicien
Its not answering your question, but from a FoI request, a certain mathmo (not me) extracted this from Cambridge:

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/312501/response/770528/attach/2/FOI%202016%2040%20Johal%20response%20letter%20and%20data.pdf

Yeah, I am looking for a more specific statistics.
(edited 7 years ago)
thats the same link???
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by gasfxekl
thats the same link???

That's a serious allegation.
Original post by Insight314
That's a serious allegation.

i cannot read
Original post by Mathemagicien
They're the same request :wink:

I know you know :tongue:
Although I could have been using that as a pseudonym

Are you guys blind or something?
i cannot read

I don't think anyone can.

Spoiler

I don't think anyone can.

Spoiler

i knew all along
edit it out please.
(edited 7 years ago)
Top tips for doing well on STEP: remember that the derivative of sin is cos, and the derivative of cos is -sin, not the other way round.
blabla
(edited 7 years ago)
to be fair if people know you made that request they know your name too but yeah ill edit this too if you want

I dont mind the mathmos knowing my name since a fair few of them do. but random people, no thanks.
Has anyone ever asked @Christ's Admissions how Cambridge feels about Mathmos meeting STEP but missing their A-level offer? I remember there was discussion on this thread and the Cambridge one about this, and with all the statistics around it, it seems like Cambridge mostly cares about STEP due to how big of an indicator it is for success in the Tripos. I guess asking @Christ's Admissions may be more useful in answering this question?

I'm pretty sure he's said to that effect in the forum.

You could also try asking @Peterhouse Admissions :smile:
Worried that I might flop III, hopefully there'll be like 3 integration Qs like in 2014, such a nice pape.

Quick Reply

Latest