The Student Room Group

What is your favourite thing about Israel?

Scroll to see replies

I really can't pin it down... it's just the overall experience... being a little kid finding the world in sunny Israel... :smile:

I like the fact that it's a very sporty country, with literally every corner of suburbia and every village having some kind of BJJ or capoeria classes, and that literally everyone does sport.... me, my mother, my father, my friends... it's very popular.

I liked that you could be out all night and you would be safe because crime is so rare...

I like the deserts, the beautiful Red Sea, the woods and mountains that we went to for BBQs....

I like that it's a fusion of middle eastern architecture and people (and tempers :tongue:) with world-class high tech industries and an extremely inspiring military....

I liked wearing shorts all year round...

I always appreciated, as a kid, that English films were fully translated and dubbed into Hebrew, even the songs which they strenuously rewrote.... no cutting corners.

Due to family issues I lost my Israeli citizenship, and I am not allowed to return, and I will never see the place I grew up in, never relive good sunny Israel, my fondest memories are all I have, no more, and my heart is broken :frown:
It's probably the best place in the world for tech start ups outside Silicon Valley, to think a tiny nation could achieve that is so beautifully inspirational.
The Barak8 missiles that supply India's Kolkata-Class Destroyers. They are a most useful nation.

I've always thought it would be cool to go they but I've never thought specifically about things, places etc that I want to visit. I'm just intrigued by other cultures.

Jewish weddings are fascinating though. We host them a lot and they take over FOUR function rooms compared to English or Asian weddings which are self-contained in one.
Original post by AlphaWolfZ
Folau is a bloody great player, especially when he gets the offload and just gets that burst of speed. As I just started and have a massive learning curve to catch up and joining the first XV, watching SuperRugby is really educational. :biggrin:

As I said he's better in attack but no as good in defence. However he's got more years in him than Dagg so will probably be a better 15 on the whole!
Reply 45
Original post by admonit
You definitely flatter, but thank you anyway. :cool:

Lol. Btw, just in case it didn't show, i was being sarcastic lol. I can never support Israel whilst sane😂
Original post by King7
Lol. Btw, just in case it didn't show, i was being sarcastic lol. I can never support Israel whilst sane😂

Don't worry, you showed your pro-Palestinian support very clearly. I also was sarcastic. So now we're even. :smile:
The women.
I swear Israel has the best looking women on the planet
(edited 7 years ago)
The fact Tel Aviv lit up in Pride colours after Orlando... that's probably about it.

Go Palestine.
Original post by ivybridge
The fact Tel Aviv lit up in Pride colours after Orlando... that's probably about it.

Go Palestine.

Go Israel
Original post by Mathemagicien
Really? What about the fact that Israel is - for obvious reasons - the gay capital of the Middle East?

Only because of the relationship with the US tbh. A lot of stuff still goes down in Israel.
nothing. utter joke of a country. should be nuked.

viva palestina.
Original post by Mathemagicien
The food?

The culture?

The large hi-tech industry?

The high rate of education?

The Dead Sea?

Their high tech, well trained, and efficient military?

:israel:

That they, to this day, still refuse to tell the world about their nuclear stockpile
the fact that they're more liberal and democratic than their neighbours I suppose
Original post by sleepysnooze
the fact that they're more liberal and democratic than their neighbours I suppose

Because they're basically westerners
The fact that the all the Arab countries that surround them and hate them, can't as much as lay a finger on a little group of people in a tiny peice of land filled with God's chosen people.

God bless Israel and God bless the Jews.
Original post by ivybridge
Only because of the relationship with the US tbh. A lot of stuff still goes down in Israel.

What do you mean? I don't see what the US has to do with Tel Aviv being arguably the gay capital of the world.
10% off ayyyyy
Original post by sweeneyrod
What do you mean? I don't see what the US has to do with Tel Aviv being arguably the gay capital of the world.

How can you not see the undeniably obvious link?

Quick Reply

Latest