The Student Room Group

Feel emasculated as a guy living in a house with a female majority...

I reside in a house with my partner and her best friend, and sometimes they can be very sort of sexist with their remarks.

Sometimes I think, in general, women can say things that emasculate and actively discriminate against men- in retaliation of the fact there is still a level of inequality in the world (and certainly historically). It's a bit like some black's still get very sort of defensive and play the victim a little bit and use history as a way of using off the cuff remarks.

Just to preempt, I don't really like or get a long with her best friend- so I guess this colours my views somewhat.

More specifically back to my point, her friend is very pro-feminist to the point she'll make jokes all the time about men being 'useless' they can't do this and that, they can' do anything without the help of a woman. Displays the stereotypical 'what would you do without us' attitude- which frankly pisses me off.

It's almost as though its acceptable to bash the male species, and make underhand remarks as though its socially acceptable- just because I so happen to be born a male doesn't mean I'm useless, I can't cook or clean or any of those things.

There is a joke and then its just blatant sexism- but because a woman has said it, it sort of automatically is okay, because well, us 'men' are useless. We're only good for making babies right? *sarcasm*

Sorry I digressed in my frustration. Anyhow, whenever they are in the house, and its the three of us, we watch t.v. shows and some of them are all about like 'independent women', 'liberalisation/ womens lib'- house-wifes that make degrading comments about their husbands and generally walk all over them. The minute the man says anything in retaliation, my partner and her best mate are 'huffing' and generally making remarks- and I'm just sat there boiling over with anger.

Its like one big entertainment show for them, there is value in laughing at the mans expense, some of you might think this is all jokey and its women having a laugh- but actually I take it rather personally.

It's somehow acceptable for women to point out a mans flaws, but its virtually nigh on impossible for a man to win an argument (certainly me with my partner & co) when it comes to gender roles or arguing the toss.

I'm just wrong 24/7.

I'm all for women's rights, but if that means women getting away with sexism- then I don't think its right.

I think a lot of the younger female generation have a chip on their shoulder and so feel the need to attack men, and group us all as sexist pigs. When the reality couldn't be more far from truth.

I'm not prepared to sit downstairs and listen to some tirade- bashing men and glorifying female supremacy and radical feminism.

Men have their roles, women have theirs- you don't like it sit down and stfu.

end. of. rant.

Scroll to see replies

I believe the term you are looking for is feminazi lol. Let it all out and subscribe to Thunderf00t on youtube. :biggrin:
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
Oh look a typical cis male with his sob story to make it seem men have the problems and women are the reason he has problems. Only men are sexist you cis white male **** go tell your partner to be independent and strong as she is with her good friend as you have proven you are what she can expect from every other man. All the same disgusting.

I can't tell if that was a joke or not...
Emasculated?

You have opportunity for easy hook ups and you're listening to what they say :teehee:
Oh look a typical cis male with his sob story to make it seem men have the problems and women are the reason he has problems. Only men are sexist you cis white male **** go tell your partner to be independent and strong as she is with her good friend as you have proven you are what she can expect from every other man. All the same disgusting.

What the F is a cis male you weirdo? You're either born male or female, that's it.
Reply 5

I've no idea what a 'cis' male is- however, I won't waste my precious time on you. Only men are sexist!??? You've got to be seriously trolling here!?

So women can't be sexist toward men? Get real!

No, I've no need to tell her to be independent, I'm all for her doing so. You make it seem as though she's going to ride off into the sunset with her dear "good friend"-- girl power and all that ****-- as though her good friend will take her away from me.

Let me tell you, she would not leave me, she loves me-- so get off your high horse and stop thinking that your some superior individual because of your gender. The only one sobbing here is you-- serious chip on your shoulder- as I wrote in my OP.

But that's right isn't it-- yeah, guess i'm just disgusting- like most men. I'm a disgusting pig thats right. That's the sort of bull I'm talking about coming from women's mouths.
Reply 6
Original post by Torticci
I can't tell if that was a joke or not...

Think it was serious. A serious chip on their shoulder and a bit extreme. I think I probably touched a nerve.
Reply 7
Original post by Daddy Longlegz
Emasculated?

You have opportunity for easy hook ups and you're listening to what they say :teehee:

Sorry I've not idea where your going with that. You lost me.

I meant, when women make degrading comments that takes away a mans masculinity.
Reply 8
Original post by cbreef
I believe the term you are looking for is feminazi lol. Let it all out and subscribe to Thunderf00t on youtube. :biggrin:

Who's Thunderf00t??

And Feminazi- fairly self-explanatory there...never even heard of that one either.
Sorry I've not idea where your going with that. You lost me.

I meant, when women make degrading comments that takes away a mans masculinity.

Dealing with women 101:

1. Don't debate them

2. Make love
Who's Thunderf00t??

And Feminazi- fairly self-explanatory there...never even heard of that one either.

A scientist of sorts, with strong views on these feminazis.
Best thing to do is to sleep with her best mate and then move out. Failing that just try and sleep with on of the other girls in the house and then move out or just move out. Whichever you prefer :smile:.
Reply 12
Your goal with any girl you love should be to sleep with as many of her friends as you can, and try to arrange threesomes.

Angry feminists are also usually the most promiscuous.

Go get em cucktiger.
Original post by 41b
Your goal with any girl you love should be to sleep with as many of her friends as you can, and try to arrange threesomes.

Go get em cucktiger.

Original post by Xenon17
Best thing to do is to sleep with her best mate and then move out. Failing that just try and sleep with on of the other girls in the house and then move out or just move out. Whichever you prefer :smile:.

I might add they are often d hydrated if you know what I mean due to their views most men avoid them and their instincts for this so called d become so strong they can't resist the cravings.
**** them
literally
Wow, OP. Sorry about the vagstorm. It's likely that the girl who always calls you useless is just insecure, as opposed to being a part of any real gender egalitarian movement. I've been a part of feminist societies in the past, and I can say with all confidence, that this girl is a dip. I know it's frustrating and invalidating when you've got the hurr durr women can't be sexist rherotic shoved in your face 24/7, but you don't need to listen to it. Tell these girls straight up that their comments aren't cool. They'll try to pull the "you have a y chromosome lel you don't get it" card, but ignore it. You do not deserve to be the victim of prejudice.
Original post by 41b

Go get em cucktiger.

That's probably what annoy's me the most though. I don't particularly like her best mate because she has lowly standards; put's herself about a lot, or almost certainly did. She did nude photoshoots while in uni and a string of other things- very promiscuous.

She isn't setting a good example to her mate (my partner)-- yet seems to command this superior voice of- 'well I'm a independent women I'll do what I want what are you going to do about it'. It doesn't work like that. She can't just **** who she wants, and be the hypocrite to men- preaching and such.

But thats the problem, a lot of these feminist types are very how can I put this *slutty* yet expect to be treated with the utmost respect and dignity at the same time, as though we should worship the ground they walk on for doing the very thing they condemn us blokes for doing.

Its a bit like the saying 'Do as I say not as I do'-- that is the only principle they play by and I bloody well hate that saying, my abusive Step-Dad used to use that one all the time. Used as a scapegoat all the time.

However, in response to your OP-- I guess that is one way to piss off them off. But I would not do that. I do love my partner.
Original post by Xenon17
I might add they are often d hydrated if you know what I mean due to their views most men avoid them and their instincts for this so called d become so strong they can't resist the cravings.

pahahahaaha...

I can't tell if your being sarcastic here with such extreme views for a female.

Presumably your female as your profile suggests.

It just sort of threw me that you seemed to hold these views on your gender. I'm expecting most women to jump on the bandwagon and attack me.
Reply 18

:rofl: did this "trigger" you?

:toofunny:
Clearly.....they're not getting enough.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending