The Student Room Group

What is your favourite thing about Israel?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ivybridge
Because the US was responsible for essentially building the nation that is, Israel. It has heavy Western influence.

It was the protocols!
Original post by Blue_Mason
You're in fact a brain washed individual, they have been more innocent lives who have been killed, but it only concerns you if they're gay or lgbt.
I have asked people who have lived in such countries and they have said that gay people might live segregated lives, but they're tossed into a concentration camp.

Not in the slightest. You're clearly brainwashed because you completely ignore the basic facts that are people in many African and Middle Eastern states are executed for being gay. This happens a lot, it is recorded, I know people who have witnessed public executions of gay men. And the laws of these countries stipulate execution or corporal punishment as a sentence, not to mention life imprisonment, for being LGBTQIA+.
Original post by cbreef
This is just ridiculous. In certain countries you can be prosecuted or even executed for leading a "gay life". As sad as it is, it's true

I tell you what is ridiculous is the fact that you believe that all those counties follow the same practice and treat their gay citizens in the same way without conclusive evidence.
There was a time when being gay was considered a metal illness in the UK and the U.S., and that was not long ago.
Because the US was responsible for essentially building the nation that is, Israel. It has heavy Western influence.

Please elaborate? The Jews who emigrated to Palestine in waves from 1882 to 1948 were European, Russian and Middle Eastern. The Jews who fought for independence against the British were European, Russian and Middle Eastern. The Jews who massacred Palestinians during the 1948 Civil War were European, Russian and Middle Eastern. The Jews who were massacred by Palestinians during the 1948 Civil War were European, Russian and Middle Eastern. The first leaders of Israel were European, Russian and Middle Eastern. I'm not seeing the heavy US influence.
I tell you what is ridiculous is the fact that you believe that all those counties follow the same practice and treat their gay citizens in the same way without conclusive evidence.
There was a time when being gay was considered a metal illness in the UK and the U.S., and that was not long ago.

Oh I realise that. But there have been numerous different sources, not just British, that have seen the oppression of gays in heavily religious societies my friend.

There is significant conclusive evidence, what is wrong with you?

What point are you trying to make? The UK and USA have progressed - the countries in question have not.
There is no proof that you will be killed for being gay in certain parts of the world, as you see the media just want to tell lies.

Afghanistan: The Afghan Penal Code does not refer to homosexual acts, but Article 130 of the Constitution allows recourse to be made to sharia law, which prohibits same-sex sexual activity in general. Afghanistan’s sharia law criminalizes same-sex sexual acts with a maximum of the death penalty. No known cases of death sentences have been meted out since the end of Taliban rule in 2001.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2016/06/13/here-are-the-10-countries-where-homosexuality-may-be-punished-by-death-2/
Not in the slightest. You're clearly brainwashed because you completely ignore the basic facts that are people in many African and Middle Eastern states are executed for being gay. This happens a lot, it is recorded, I know people who have witnessed public executions of gay men. And the laws of these countries stipulate execution or corporal punishment as a sentence, not to mention life imprisonment, for being LGBTQIA+.

Oh but being gay was considered a mental illness in both the UK and u.s
Do not like like gay people were seen as equal throughout history
Reply 88
I love everything about Israel and have an enormous amount of respect for the Israeli people.
Original post by sweeneyrod
Please elaborate? The Jews who emigrated to Palestine in waves from 1882 to 1948 were European, Russian and Middle Eastern. The Jews who fought for independence against the British were European, Russian and Middle Eastern. The Jews who massacred Palestinians during the 1948 Civil War were European, Russian and Middle Eastern. The Jews who were massacred by Palestinians during the 1948 Civil War were European, Russian and Middle Eastern. The first leaders of Israel were European, Russian and Middle Eastern. I'm not seeing the heavy US influence.

You realise that Russians are European right?
Oh but being gay was considered a mental illness in both the UK and u.s
Do not like like gay people were seen as equal throughout history

Who is saying they were? That's the entire point of the gay movement, you imbecile.
Also, I object to the use of the term ''Israel'' and request you refer to them as either the Zionist entity or simply ''Occupier''

@ivybridge
Original post by queen-bee
Nothing at all :puke:

lol
Original post by Calmness

mmmmm

mmmmmmmmmmmm

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

To me Putin looks half Chinese
Original post by Calmness

Debatable, Siberians aren't. I guess most immigrants to Israel were from the Western half, but it's still meaningful to distinguish between them and, say, German or French Jews.
Original post by ATW1
I love everything about Israel and have an enormous amount of respect for the Israeli people.

but you're a charismatic, right-wing populist leader of Germanic origin who wants to make his nation great again

are you sure you don't want Palestine?
Personally I think Israel should have never been a thing. But it's a bit late to change that now :biggrin:
Palestinians aren't helping themselves by attacking a far more powerful occupying force however. Their only option is to find a two-state solution by peaceful means, if that's ok with the jews.
Israel's military is nothing to be laughed at, they don't stand a chance of defeating them by force.
(edited 7 years ago)
There is significant conclusive evidence, what is wrong with you?

What point are you trying to make? The UK and USA have progressed - the countries in question have not.

They have only "progressed" to fit an agenda, I mean it is easy for you as you grew up in the current times, but you cannot forget the past.
You need to change your way of thinking
Who is saying they were? That's the entire point of the gay movement, you imbecile.

Like why would there need to be a gay movement if Gays were always equal, like what is this Blue_mason guy talking about?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending