The Student Room Group

Help

Just over 5 months ago, now, me and my first serious partner split. I wish I could say it was mutual, but in reality, they were over me and I wasn't over them and we both knew that, even if it was never spoken. After that it was fine(ish), we stayed friends, it was nice, but it didn't last. They stopped speaking to me, wouldn't even look it me and blocked me on everything. I tried to ask them why but I was just blanked and never given any justification. In the end I just left it, I assumed that I'd just get over them over time, but that never really happened, I still have periods where I'll go into these sessions of intense regret, like thinking about what I could've done to change things and I honestly don't know what to do. I guess that's why I came here, for help.
Original post by Anonymous
Just over 5 months ago, now, me and my first serious partner split. I wish I could say it was mutual, but in reality, they were over me and I wasn't over them and we both knew that, even if it was never spoken. After that it was fine(ish), we stayed friends, it was nice, but it didn't last. They stopped speaking to me, wouldn't even look it me and blocked me on everything. I tried to ask them why but I was just blanked and never given any justification. In the end I just left it, I assumed that I'd just get over them over time, but that never really happened, I still have periods where I'll go into these sessions of intense regret, like thinking about what I could've done to change things and I honestly don't know what to do. I guess that's why I came here, for help.

I get why you'd feel like that after what they've done.

You also need to block them and get rid of everything, if you haven't done so already. It may not mean much if they've blocked you, but psychologically, it will do you some good.

It's natural to go through a period after the breakup or after them blocking you where you want to fix things or give anything for a second chance, all of that stuff, but just keep going, do whatever you're doing in life (working,studying etc), try to meet new people if you can or just spend some time with friends (sounds wishy washy but I always love going for a Nandos and watching a film, or just hangng out and doing stuff) and it'll pass with time if you're doing all of that.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending