The Student Room Group

Belgian police foil major terror attack planned during Belgium-Ireland Euro clash

http://www.independent.ie/world-news/europe/it-is-not-over-we-remain-under-terror-alert-3-it-means-that-something-is-still-up-belgian-police-foil-major-terror-attack-planned-during-belgiumireland-euro-2016-clash-34812457.html

'It is not over. We remain under terror alert 3, it means that something is still up' - Belgian police foil major terror attack planned during Belgium-Ireland Euro 2016 clash

Three men charged with terror-related crimes
* Dozens of houses raided in Belgium overnight
* Fans watching matches were potential targets
* Other targets included crowded shopping areas
* Europe is on high security alert

Belgian police have arrested 12 suspects in a major anti-terror operation overnight amid security alerts in Belgium and France around the Euro 2016 match this afternoon between Belgium and the Republic of Ireland.

No weapons or explosives had been found during the overnight searches, which also involved 152 garage lockups.

I hope nothing does happen [obviously], while I'm not a football fan, I don't want to hear my friends moan about the Euros being cancelled, or a game that wasn't played.
Original post by 34908seikj

I hope nothing does happen [obviously], while I'm not a football fan, I don't want to hear that hundreds of innocent spectators were murdered in cold blood by cowardly Islamic terrorists.

Fixed that for you :h:
Reply 2
Original post by The Roast
Fixed that for you :h:

Yeah I suppose that works too xD

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending