The Student Room Group

AQA Physics Unit 2 - Unofficial Markscheme

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Bledz
22m/s^2 isnt the answer for the last question. The formual to find out acceleration is resultant force/mass. And in the question it said the upthrust force was 1850N, but that dosent mean that it is the overall force acting on the object. You'd have to also take account in the force going the opposite direction which is the weight of the person and the jetpack which is 840N. You then fidn the resultant force by doing 1850-840 which is 1010N. So the resultant force of the object is 1010N. You then do 1010/84 which is the mass of the jetpack and the person which igves you an answer of 12 m/s^2. Hope you understand how 12 is the answer not 22 :smile:.

Yeah, I figured.
in this exam i didnt have the question asking for the resolution of the voltemeter, did anyone else have a question about a diagram with a rocket?
Reply 62
Original post by Akila1
Yeah, I figured.

I am pretty sure they said they added 1850 N, and anyway, that was a 2 mark question and you got one mark for the units; they wouldn't give you just 2 marks for calculating a resultant force and substituting it into F=ma and the units.
Reply 63
For the effect on the wire if you said resistance reduces the current through the wire would that get a mark?
Most people said temperature increased but not sure if my answer is right
Original post by ETB
I am pretty sure they said they added 1850 N, and anyway, that was a 2 mark question and you got one mark for the units; they wouldn't give you just 2 marks for calculating a resultant force and substituting it into F=ma and the units.

Well said.
Why can't I see the answers?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by kenMoris
Well said.

I could have sworn it was 3 marks.... Also, because there is so much ambiguity, AQA will probably have to be a little lenient. I really don't think the paper made it clear enough whether this was the resultant force or not. Plus, the question on the pull-ups was actually 3 marks (not 4 I don't think) if I remember correctly...., and you had to use 2 equations. Anyway I'm sure it will all be fine! :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Well said.

You're weight or mass can't remember if the force DOWNWARDS, if you life yourself upwards, it doesn't add on. You had to take the downward force off the upward force to get the total force upwards else your calculation will be wrong.
Also a lot of 3 markers this year were complicated for 3 marks so that isn't correct
Original post by Bulbasaur10
I could have sworn it was 3 marks.... Also, because there is so much ambiguity, AQA will probably have to be a little lenient. I really don't think the paper made it clear enough whether this was the resultant force or not. Plus, the question on the pull-ups was actually 3 marks (not 4 I don't think) if I remember correctly...., and you had to use 2 equations. Anyway I'm sure it will all be fine! :smile:

Well said.
Original post by SunnyBoys
You're weight or mass can't remember if the force DOWNWARDS, if you life yourself upwards, it doesn't add on. You had to take the downward force off the upward force to get the total force upwards else your calculation will be wrong.
Also a lot of 3 markers this year were complicated for 3 marks so that isn't correct

Well said.
Well said.

:tongue:...
quick question, if I were to get A,B,B in the 3 untis what would be my final grade ?
This was in P3 but what did you guys put for the resolution
Original post by nisha.sri
This was in P3 but what did you guys put for the resolution

0.01 and then a unit - I can't remember what!
Reply 74
Original post by Bulbasaur10
0.01 and then a unit - I can't remember what!

Bulbasaur, use razor leaf.
Original post by Akila1
Bulbasaur, use razor leaf.

:tongue:
Original post by lily628
thanks for everyone helping me fill it in :smile:
has anyone got any ideas what the questions with the answer of 0.015A is?

I think it was just after you calculated the resistance of the fixed resistor. I think the question was what was the current when the resistance of the variable resistor was 200 ohms. The voltage was 12 V, the total resistance was 800 ohms (200+600). Therefore, the current was 0.015 A.
Original post by 1jonam16
You're right in everything you've said. Btw for the question on the resistor, I put 600 ohms, but then did some maths as reasoning. Will it count?

It should do as long as it makes sense. For example, when the resitance of the variable resistor was 200 ohms, the P.D. across it was 3V. Therefore, the current was 0.015A. Since current is the same in a series circuit, and the P.D. over the fixed resistor was 9V, the resistance was 600 ohms. I don't see how they couldn't give you the marks for something like that if it makes sense.
Original post by ETB

I thought they said they increased the upwards force to 1850 N rather than added 1850 N of upwards force.
Original post by WillCrowe00
It should do as long as it makes sense. For example, when the resitance of the variable resistor was 200 ohms, the P.D. across it was 3V. Therefore, the current was 0.015A. Since current is the same in a series circuit, and the P.D. over the fixed resistor was 9V, the resistance was 600 ohms. I don't see how they couldn't give you the marks for something like that if it makes sense.

that's exactly what I did! Are you doing a level physics then? I can't wait, it seems so fun, even if i do sound a bit sad for saying that.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending