The Student Room Group

Fake friends?

I have a group of friends, one minute they're all like 'we love you you're our best friend' but at the same time they do stuff like go out on trips and and discuss plans without me. 2 days ago we went on a mini trip and in the evening one of them picked me up to go to their house (they live together) for pre drinks and then we went out. Last night the plan was to go out again but I heard nothing from them consistently, only spontaneous updates. I texted them I was ready and called them and no answer, it sounded like they hung up every time I tried to call them. Later at 11.30 i got a message from one of them saying 'sorry, I'll text you when we book the taxi' and I asked why didn't they pick me up again before when they said they would and I got no reply. So I waited and waited, gave up and went to bed. Woke up the next morning, pictures plastered all over social media of them having gone out. I confronted them about it and got 'sorry we forgot to tell you it was spontaneous' with a laughing emoji when it wasn't, I had known about it but they just forgot about me. Again. I'm so sick of being the afterthought with these people and this isn't the first time they've done stuff like this though I always think they'll include me more as every now and then they'll invite me but it never changes. Should I cut them off for good?
Do what you feel is right

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think you should cut them off
They aren't true friends
How would they feel if you had treated them like that

Posted from TSR Mobile
Cut them off ASAP. You deserve friends that make you feel good.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Louiset28xx
Do what you feel is right

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by Louiset28xx
I think you should cut them off
They aren't true friends
How would they feel if you had treated them like that

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by lovelybow
Cut them off ASAP. You deserve friends that make you feel good.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Im in a similar situation with this girl who says I am one of her best friends and we walk together to school but then when she sees her other friends she pretends we are not friends and separates from me. When I was in her friendship group, she never stood up for me when everyone was against me but she secretly sent me a text saying how sorry she is about how her friends were. Sometimes, she leaves me waiting at the bus stop for ages waiting for her whilst she walks with her other friends and doesn't even apologise. Basically, she acts differently when I am around her other friends. Do you think I should cut her off?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending