The Student Room Group

Petition to cancel EU referendum surges in wake of MP killing

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by cbreef
No, how about a ban on suspected terrorists from buying guns?
And a ban on high calibre rifles. Not all guns. That'd be impossible anyway

If only a presidential candidate had suggested banning suspected terrorists from owning guns.

Trump was askedQ: But under current law people on the watch list are allowed to buy guns.TRUMP: If somebody is on a watch list and an enemy of state and we know it's an enemy of state, I would keep them away, absolutely.
Original post by joecphillips
If only a presidential candidate had suggested banning suspected terrorists from owning guns.

Trump was askedQ: But under current law people on the watch list are allowed to buy guns.TRUMP: If somebody is on a watch list and an enemy of state and we know it's an enemy of state, I would keep them away, absolutely.

He's not the only one saying that. Trump will say whatever gets him votes, he's a joke
Original post by MildredMalone
Boy drowns because his father wants free dental care = BRING IN ALL REFUGEES!

Muslim shoots one hundred gay people = BAN ALL GUNS!!

Lunatic kills a woman = CANCEL THE REFERENDUM!!!

Lefities sure like using tragedies to further their own aims...

Sorry.. That is not true.

We see these tragedies and instead of ignoring them we try to do sometime to stop the same thing happening over and over again. Why do we do this? We have compassion. We feel sorry for the families of the victims of gun crime, we feel sorry for the refugees who are unnecessarily dying. We do not want this to happen again, therefore we try to seek a solution.

About the referendum, I don't want it to be cancelled, and I don't think there is even a slight possibility of that happening. It might be postponed, but that would be very unlikely. Just for the record, I do not want it to be postponed.
Reply 63
Original post by cbreef
He's not the only one saying that. Trump will say whatever gets him votes, he's a joke

He said it long before Orlando that quote is from October.
He said it long before Orlando that quote is from October.

Obama has already tried. But the republicans are having none of it. They're all lining their own pockets. I can't stand any of them.

http://www.politicususa.com/2016/06/13/sides-it-republicans-voted-terror-suspects-legally-buy-guns.html

http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/gop-blocks-bill-stop-terrorists-buying-guns
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 65
Original post by cbreef
Obama has already tried. But the republicans are having none of it. They're all lining their own pockets. I can't stand any of them.

The difference is how they want to do it, trump thinks if they are suspected by the fbi stop them, the democrats think stop everyone.
The difference is how they want to do it, trump thinks if they are suspected by the fbi stop them, the democrats think stop everyone.

But without republican approval, no bill will ever pass through congress. Too many of them take money from big, immoral companies. Obama tried to pass a law that was aimed at stopping suspected terrorists from buying a gun. It was vetoed by the GOP. Putrid s**m that they are
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by DorianGrayism
Lol, how terrible! Leaving to get a better life!

That isn't how the world works, by your logic 2 billion people could all pour into a handful of nations. It is your fellow leftists' actions that created the situation where that kid died, well done!

Original post by cbreef
No, it was a weapon that was designed for the US Special Forces. A Sig MCX. Pretty sure it was bought legally too. Here it is:

.223 calibre, 30 round magazine, semi-automatic assault weapon. Now tell me, why is just about anyone allowed to buy one of these?

Which part exactly are you objecting to?

By the way, please don't lie, its not an assault weapon.
Original post by The_Opinion
That isn't how the world works, by your logic 2 billion people could all pour into a handful of nations. It is your fellow leftists' actions that created the situation where that kid died, well done!

Which part exactly are you objecting to?

By the way, please don't lie, its not an assault weapon.

Yes it is lol. I'm objecting to the part where pretty much anyone in the US can buy a rifle just like this one quite easily.
(edited 7 years ago)
That isn't how the world works, by your logic 2 billion people could all pour into a handful of nations. It is your fellow leftists' actions that created the situation where that kid died, well done!n.

Ok then.

They are against guns, but are too stupid to realise that even if all guns were banned (their ultimate aim), guns would be smuggled in from Mexico, and they are against a wall for some reason, such a wall would reduce such guns.

So what they really want is a situation where legal guns are replaced with a load of illegal more powerful weapons, strange.
Reply 71
Original post by cbreef
But without republican approval, no bill will ever pass through congress. Too many of them take money from s***bag companies.

Do you think they would take that much of a chance? Imagine the reaction if they blocked a bill targeting suspected terrorists compared to targeting everyone they would lose a lot of votes.

The truth is the democratic gun control ideas will never be successful as some people see on themselves whereas pretty much everyone supports stopping terrorism even though they have different ideas on how to do so.
Original post by cbreef
Yes it is lol

It is not designed for combat use, so I disagree, you also didn't answer my question about what your specific objection is.
Original post by JordanL_
As opposed to the right using terrorism? Oh, sorry, we aren't calling him a terrorist because he isnt Muslim...

+1.

He's calling the lunatic who killed 100 gay people "Muslim" but the neo-Nazi who killed an MP, a "lunatic".
It is not designed for combat use, so I disagree, you also didn't answer my question about what your specific objection is.

Yes I did and yes it is. It was initially designed for US Special Forces ffs.

http://time.com/4371452/orlando-shooting-ar-15-military-civilian-family/
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 75
Original post by cbreef

http://www.politicususa.com/2016/06/13/sides-it-republicans-voted-terror-suspects-legally-buy-guns.html

http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/gop-blocks-bill-stop-terrorists-buying-guns

Do you have a link to the bill itself? You can spin something of doing one thing while sneakily doing another.
Reply 76
Original post by Thutmose-III
Calls to cancel the referendum are pathetic and obvious attempts to politicise Jo Cox's death. They know they're losing so they want to call off the vote; yet another reason that confirms my decision a month ago to switch to Leave

Yeah me too. I was leering towards not bothering as it'll likely be rigged, but the desperate trash these fools are pulling has made sure I'll vote.
Do you have a link to the bill itself? You can spin something of doing one thing while sneakily doing another.

Is that necessary? These credible sources are all saying the same thing. I was late last year
Reply 78
Original post by cbreef
Yes it is lol. I'm objecting to the part where pretty much anyone in the US can buy a rifle just like this one quite easily.

Are you referring to the false gun show loophole?
Reply 79
Original post by MildredMalone
Which part is incorrect? Aylan drowned because his father wanted to leave their home in Turkey, and he wanted free dental care. So where did I go wrong?

Lol, I don't mean to offend you, but are you a dipsh*t? Just because an Australian senator said that, you believe it? Hmmm, and you ask where you went wrong?🤔

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending