The Student Room Group

Entered exam hall late? Consequences?

I thought my Edexcel Physics IGCSE was at 12 pm. At 8:45 am I realized the exam was actually at 9 am! It was a 30 minute drive to the exam hall but eventually I made it to the hall at 9:10 am. They asked why I was late and I explained. They gave me an extra 10 minutes at the end and that was it. But will there be any consequences? Like deduction of marks or anything?
Thanks
Reply 1
Original post by ExamsAreOver
I thought my Edexcel Physics IGCSE was at 12 pm. At 8:45 am I realized the exam was actually at 9 am! It was a 30 minute drive to the exam hall but eventually I made it to the hall at 9:10 am. They asked why I was late and I explained. They gave me an extra 10 minutes at the end and that was it. But will there be any consequences? Like deduction of marks or anything?
Thanks

Worst case scenario, you start exam late, have less time too do the exam, meaning you are likely to not finish. Other than that, you may not be allowed to sit the exam. But all seems cushty, eh?

(Btw, I dont think its serious. But don't be late to your exams Mister!)😂
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by King7
Worst case scenario, you start exam late, have less time too do the exam, meaning you are likely to not finish. Other than that, you may not be allowed to sit the exam. But all seems cushty, eh?

(Btw, I dont think its serious. But don't be late to your exams Mister!)😂

So they wont deduct any marks after the fact right?
Original post by ExamsAreOver
So they wont deduct any marks after the fact right?

Why would they deduct marks? That'd be a silly way to punish you.

(And why are you up this late? :tongue:)
Original post by XcitingStuart
Why would they deduct marks? That'd be a silly way to punish you.

(And why are you up this late? :tongue:)

Oh haha. I'm up so late because, well, im not in the UK. Its 7 am here.
Reply 5
did you finish the exam in time??
Original post by s.mo
did you finish the exam in time??

Yes. They gave me an extra 10 minutes. Did quite well I think.
Reply 7
There are no consequences (except that if you do this often you will annoy the exams office who may be less helpful if you ever need his help).

Quick Reply

Latest