The Student Room Group

Tens of thousands of Palestinians left without water as Israeli firm cuts supplies –

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by KimKallstrom
The two state solution will come to fruition when the Palestinians agree to recognise the state of Israel and stop attacking it. So never............

Here's a scenario: I (Palestine) have a lease with my landlord (Britain) for say 10 years, with 2 years left. However, he decides to evict me by allowing others (Israelis) into the house. I become overpowered by their power, and now they have taken over my bedroom! I am told I can only get my room back if I agree to say that I no longer rent the premises, and that the other people do. Not only that, I am beong pressured to agree to the eviction, despite it violating the agreement and law.

(Just in case you didn't quite catch on, I added the countries who best suited the roles mentioned in the scenario in brackets)😉
Reply 21
Al Jazeera making stuff up to slander Jews in order to satisfy their Jew-hating audience?! You're pulling my leg!

I know how crazy this sounds, as Al Jazeera has always been a reliable and completely non-biased source!
Original post by King7
Here's a scenario: I (Palestine) have a lease with my landlord (Britain) for say 10 years, with 2 years left. However, he decides to evict me by allowing others (Israelis) into the house. I become overpowered by their power, and now they have taken over my bedroom! I am told I can only get my room back if I agree to say that I no longer rent the premises, and that the other people do. Not only that, I am beong pressured to agree to the eviction, despite it violating the agreement and law.

(Just in case you didn't quite catch on, I added the countries who best suited the roles mentioned in the scenario in brackets)😉

Ridiculous analogy.
Reply 23
Original post by The_Opinion
Ridiculous analogy.

Indeed, it truly is.
Original post by King7
Indeed, it truly is.

So why did you type it?
Reply 25
Original post by The_Opinion
So why did you type it?

Because, as you already said perfectly, it was a "ridiculous analogy".

No, seriously though, I believe it not be ridiculous. However, I did not intend to trivialise the conflict between the two states. Just wanted to simplify the start of the tensions between Israel and Palestine.
Reply 26
Original post by King7

I understand what you did there.
Original post by King7

No, seriously though, I believe it not be ridiculous. However, I did not intend to trivialise the conflict between the two states. Just wanted to simplify the start of the tensions between Israel and Palestine.

However it started doesn't really matter, its resolving it that is the problem, and I don't see that happening any time soon.
Reply 28
Original post by h333
I understand what you did there.

Shhh, don't tell them:wink:
Reply 29
Original post by King7

Here's another ridiculous analogy.

I (Israel) am fed up with the conflict with my next door neighbour (Palestine), so I offer them a peace agreement. They reject it. The conflict continues and I (Israel) want it to stop. So I offer them another, more generous peace agreement. They reject it. Instead, my neighbour (Palestine), whilst also claiming to want peace, turns to the local gang (Hamas) who vow to wipe my house (country) off the map. They relentlessly attack my property (land), throwing stones (bombs) at my window (citizens) and attacking me (Israel) at every opportunity. I (Israel) don't want this, but again, my peace agreement does not satisfy my neighbour (Palestine). Instead, my neighbour's idea of peace is having me move off my land. I don't want to move off my land.
Reply 30
Original post by King7
Shhh, don't tell them:wink:

Lol one just has to open their eyes :smile:. This world is corrupted unfortunately. :frown:
Original post by ATW1

I (Israel) am fed up with the conflict with my next door neighbour (Palestine), so I offer them a peace agreement. They reject it. The conflict continues and I (Israel) want it to stop. So I offer them another, more generous peace agreement. They reject it. Instead, my neighbour (Palestine), whilst also claiming to want peace, turns to the local gang (Hamas) who vow to wipe my house (country) off the map. They relentlessly attack my property (land), throwing stones (bombs) at my window (citizens) and attacking me (Israel) at every opportunity. I (Israel) don't want this, but again, my peace agreement does not satisfy my neighbour (Palestine). Instead, my neighbour's idea of peace is having me move off my land. I don't want to move off my land.

But you think a good strategy is relentlessly attacking your neighbour's children and the sick people they take care of.
Reply 32
Original post by ATW1

Oh, allow me to continue. I (Israel), instead of remaining peaceful or retaliating in he same or similar manner, decide to throw bricks and rocks, whilst 'unintentionally' aiming for the group of 4 innocent kids playing football (the 4 boys illegaly killed on a beach whilst playing football). They die as a result, but I (Israel) find myself not guilty as I can do what I want. I then decide to extend my shed into their garden and again, find myself not guilty of violating the law (international law).😉

I quite enjoyed your analogy.👍
(edited 7 years ago)
The two state solution will come to fruition when the Palestinians agree to recognise the state of Israel and stop attacking it.

So precisely what the PLO did in 1993 at Oslo?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by champ_mc99
I'm pretty sure it's not owned by Qatar... :tongue:

Spoiler

Yes it is.

"Al Jazeera Media Network, which is partly funded by the House of Thani, the ruling family of Qatar"

Spoiler

Original post by anarchism101
So precisely what the PLO did in 1993 at Oslo?

You better ask what Palestinians did immediately after the Oslo agreement..
This thread is absolute *******s once again. It should be closed.
We all very clearly know that Britain promised Israel land that they didn't have and that belonged to another nation.
And whatever Israel does to the Palestinians in Israel AND in Gaza is fukin terrorising them in their own land.
So get out.
Original post by CorpusLuteum
This thread is absolute *******s once again. It should be closed.
We all very clearly know that Britain promised Israel land that they didn't have and that belonged to another nation.
And whatever Israel does to the Palestinians in Israel AND in Gaza is fukin terrorising them in their own land.
So get out.

That's what your "religion of peace" advises you to say? :cool:
Original post by admonit
That's what your "religion of peace" advises you to say? :cool:

Nah,the daily events we see on the news
Original post by queen-bee
Nah,the daily events we see on the news

Yeah, like the lie in the topic. :cool:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending