The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by emiloujess
They could but there are a number of factors involved - see PQs post above :smile:

Ah okay thank you!

Posted from TSR Mobile
For the A2 people, are you going to get your results or check track first?

I'm getting my results first, I can't bear the thought of going on UCAS :tongue:
Reply 202
Original post by Dominae

I'm getting my results first, I can't bear the thought of going on UCAS :tongue:

Track, for one if I go to results day and find that I've missed my grades I'd be so panicked but if I know what is happeneing first I'll know exactly what to do.
Original post by CAPTAINSHAZAM
Same i have one 3 this week, psychology tommorow general studies the day after and bio the day after that.... On the 23rd i have 2 2h exams... FML biology and sociology

I'm the same, AQA biology in the morning with an essay and Sociology in the afternoon😩

Posted from TSR Mobile
Are you AS or A2?

-AS

What subjects are you taking?

- Biology, Chemistry, Maths & German.

How are exams going?/How did they go?

-German was 'eh'. Wouldn't expect anything higher than a B. Maths was terrible, hated every exam. Screw you edexcel. Haven't done my mocks for Biology and Chemistry yet though.

To which university are you hoping to go?

-Whichever one accepts me, don't mind as of yet.

To study which subject?

-Medicine. Which seems a bit too far fetched atm.

What grades are required?

-Ranging from around A*A*A to AAA. Lower if I want to go to an extended medical course.

What grades are you predicted?

-Predicting myself around 2A's, 1B, & 1C. If I'm unlucky then 3B's and 1C.

How are you feeling about results day?

-lol
Original post by Dominae

Track! If I don't meet my requirements... I don't know what I'll do to be honest

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Dominae

When I was in AS I was absolutely adamant that on my A2 Results Day I would be getting my results first.

Now? Definitely checking Track the second it opens 😂
Reply 207
Original post by Dominae

What?! That's brave...I checked my Track first when I got my results last year!
I'm definitely checking track first! Especially considering how Core 4 went. Trying to get 100 UMS in my Decision resit to make up for it. :cry2: My results are online from 6am and, if I miss a grade and magically get accepted anyway, I don't want to spend an hour and a half in tears when there may still be a small chance I'm in. :colondollar:
I didn't have an offer when I applied so never had to decide between results first vs track first. If I were to go through it again though with an offer, I think I'd check Track first. :tongue:

Original post by Nirgilis
then on Results Day, Nirgilis owns the A-level forum :ahee:

:pierre:
I definitely checked Track first :lol: . Back in the days where Track opened at 5.30am :colone:

Original post by usycool1
I didn't have an offer when I applied so never had to decide between results first vs track first. If I were to go through it again though with an offer, I think I'd check Track first. :tongue:

:pierre:

A'right darlin'? :sexface:
Original post by Dominae

What time can we check track from?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 212
Original post by lucy_123
What time can we check track from?

Posted from TSR Mobile

8 I belive.
Original post by Aph
8 I belive.

Ok, thanks :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Nirgilis
A'right darlin'? :sexface:

Hey you :lovehug: :sexface:
Original post by Aph
8 I belive.

It was 7:30 the last couple years :smile:

Hi! 😂
Reply 216
Original post by emiloujess
It was 7:30 the last couple years :smile:

Hi! 😂

Ohhhhhhhhh
(There are always people who say it opens early but TSR always says to ignore them:hide:)

Hiiiiii, how are you??
Track always officially goes live at 8. That's the published time.

UCAS will soft launch it at 7.30 to reduce peak loading their systems though.
Original post by Aph
Ohhhhhhhhh
(There are always people who say it opens early but TSR always says to ignore them:hide:)

Hiiiiii, how are you??

With my luck though I'll be one of the people whose Track doesn't update 😢

I'm okay thanks, apart from the fact that after the Film exams I'm 80% sure I'm not going to get my firm and I have an exam tomorrow that I'm nowhere near ready for :frown: how have you been?
Are you AS or A2?
AS
What subjects are you taking?
Latin, Classical Civilisation, Critical Thinking, EPQ (the rest of my subjects are reformed/being fast-tracked next year)
How are exams going?
Just one exam left, tomorrow! Apart from critical thinking, which was rather 'meh', nothing seems to have gone that badly, but... we'll see.
To which university are you hoping to go?
Oxford maybe
To study which subject?
Law
How are you feeling about results day?
Why is it so late this year?!?!? I'm out of the country because I thought it would be earlier.... >-< But otherwise, I'm feeling vaguely ill thinking about it. I thought last year's grades were important, but... this year's are even more so! I have a provisional A* in the EPQ (45/50 exactly) but I'm super scared the grade boundaries are going to change and I'm not going to end up with one in the end...

Quick Reply

Latest