The Student Room Group

Hey Cam parents, now that it's over for the 2016 class, what was it like for you?

My daughter loved Cam and thrived there, nurtured her passion for her subject and will go directly into a MA/PhD track. She made great friends, was involved in many activities, and was constantly occupied in productive work. In terms of education, we could not be more pleased. She has set a pattern for a life of meaningful work.
Cam lived up to its reputation.

Nonetheless, it was a stressful, even bumpy road. She almost intermitted at one moment of crisis and needed counseling, which was not forthcoming from the university. Indeed, getting through Cam sometimes seemed harder than getting in.

Now, it is over. We go to graduation in a few weeks and feel dumbstruck at how quickly it all passed. Very positive, to be sure, but a mixed bag.

What was it like for you others?
Well my mum said it has been a "hell" for the 3 years I've been here. She's glad it's over and that I am graduated with my desired grade. (Thank God)

My mum is not an internet person, but I can tell you from her feedback following our examination results it has been stress for her. Cambridge was no joke. I'm glad I went, but post-results I said to my mum. I think LSE would have not been too bad (I know a number of folk/friends there). Glad I came to camb, but the stress is something my mum (and me at times) could have done without from my initial application to the final result it's been hard for her lol

BTW that could just be me/my personality though!
Reply 2
Original post by hannah60000
Well my mum said it has been a "hell" for the 3 years I've been here. She's glad it's over and that I am graduated with my desired grade. (Thank God)

My mum is not an internet person, but I can tell you from her feedback following our examination results it has been stress for her. Cambridge was no joke. I'm glad I went, but post-results I said to my mum. I think LSE would have not been too bad (I know a number of folk/friends there). Glad I came to camb, but the stress is something my mum (and me at times) could have done without from my initial application to the final result it's been hard for her lol

BTW that could just be me/my personality though!

I don't know if it's just you. We feel that way, too: some place else might have worked and been less stressful, but glad she did Cam.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending