The Student Room Group

AS --> A2 Help/advice pls :I

How do you decide what to doo?!?
AS levels: Chemistry, Physics, Maths and French

Spoiler

Want to Study Chemistry at a Russel Group Uni (the top ones (Oxford/Durham) want maths + chemistry + qqch) others just want Chemistry + Maths/Sci)
The Problem:
Don't know what to drop
Don't know if I can cope with 4
Then there's that EPQ thing

Spoiler

Spoiler

Any help/advice appreciated, especially if you've done any of these A2 or are just a smart :cookie:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by CheeseIsVeg
How do you decide what to doo?!?
AS levels: Chemistry, Physics, Maths and French

Spoiler

Want to Study Chemistry at a Russel Group Uni (the top ones (Oxford/Durham) want maths + chemistry + qqch) others just want Chemistry + Maths/Sci)
The Problem:
Don't know what to drop
Don't know if I can cope with 4
Then there's that EPQ thing

Spoiler

Spoiler

Any help/advice appreciated, especially if you've done any of these A2 or are just a smart :cookie:

:bump:

Spoiler

Not an A2 student but I have done D1 and I think you may find it a lot easier than M1 - I didn't particularly enjoy it but it's a lot easier to get a good grade in imo. I can't comment on C3 and C4 yet.

Perhaps wait till you see your actual results? Also, is there a particular uni/course you really want to apply for? If you don't want to go to Durham or Oxford then there's no point in putting yourself through another year of maths when you can just do physics, which you seem to prefer and might get a better grade in.

Also, if you do carry on all 4 then I wouldn't recommend doing the EPQ - especially if you don't have a title yet. I'm supposed to have written 2,000 words and have all my sources analysed, but I still don't have a title :laugh:
Original post by h8skoooooool
Not an A2 student but I have done D1 and I think you may find it a lot easier than M1 - I didn't particularly enjoy it but it's a lot easier to get a good grade in imo. I can't comment on C3 and C4 yet.

Perhaps wait till you see your actual results? Also, is there a particular uni/course you really want to apply for? If you don't want to go to Durham or Oxford then there's no point in putting yourself through another year of maths when you can just do physics, which you seem to prefer and might get a better grade in.

Also, if you do carry on all 4 then I wouldn't recommend doing the EPQ - especially if you don't have a title yet. I'm supposed to have written 2,000 words and have all my sources analysed, but I still don't have a title :laugh:

Thanks for your reply m8
Oh good XD I will wait for results to confirm, the thing is, college wants to know before then :sigh:
I am going to go to some open days, Durham I really like the sound of but not sure about Oxford. The other Unis I'm visiting vary so that will help too :wink:
:goodluck:with your EPQ! Yeah, I wasn't going to do it if I do 4! Then I really won't be able to cope!

Spoiler

Thanks for your reply m8
Oh good XD I will wait for results to confirm, the thing is, college wants to know before then :sigh:
I am going to go to some open days, Durham I really like the sound of but not sure about Oxford. The other Unis I'm visiting vary so that will help too :wink:
:goodluck:with your EPQ! Yeah, I wasn't going to do it if I do 4! Then I really won't be able to cope!

Spoiler

That's weird about your college making you decide now, ours won't let us decide until results day (which sucks when I know what I want to drop now, and I still have to go to lessons urgh)

I'm off to Durham open day too so maybe see you there :biggrin:

I'm meeting my supervisor next week sometime and he's gonna be sooo pissed that I've done no work hahah
That's weird about your college making you decide now, ours won't let us decide until results day (which sucks when I know what I want to drop now, and I still have to go to lessons urgh)

I'm off to Durham open day too so maybe see you there :biggrin:

I'm meeting my supervisor next week sometime and he's gonna be sooo pissed that I've done no work hahah

Yh, it really is :colonhash: they are making us decide in about 2 weeks (but we won't actually drop the subject until september) so I get to trial A2 until then and I guess we can change our mind in the meantime :I idek!
hahaha :rofl:

Spoiler

Yh, it really is :colonhash: they are making us decide in about 2 weeks (but we won't actually drop the subject until september) so I get to trial A2 until then and I guess we can change our mind in the meantime :I idek!
hahaha :rofl:

Spoiler

I'm going on the Saturday 2nd July so I guess we won't cross paths aw, enjoy anyway!
I'm going on the Saturday 2nd July so I guess we won't cross paths aw, enjoy anyway!

You too!

Spoiler

Please email your unis first to see if they want the epq my Russell groups weren't bothered for the subject that I was taking
D1 is the easiest module in A-Level Maths, so you'll be fine as long as you do all the recent past papers - don't know about C3 snd C4

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest