The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 220
Original post by emiloujess
With my luck though I'll be one of the people whose Track doesn't update 😢

I'm okay thanks, apart from the fact that after the Film exams I'm 80% sure I'm not going to get my firm and I have an exam tomorrow that I'm nowhere near ready for :frown: how have you been?

You don't want to know???

I honestly have no idea what I would do if I didn't get my firm or insurance!!! I'm sure you'll be fine :h:
Original post by roarchika
Are you AS or A2?
AS
What subjects are you taking?
Latin, Classical Civilisation, Critical Thinking, EPQ (the rest of my subjects are reformed/being fast-tracked next year)
How are exams going?
Just one exam left, tomorrow! Apart from critical thinking, which was rather 'meh', nothing seems to have gone that badly, but... we'll see.
To which university are you hoping to go?
Oxford maybe
To study which subject?
Law
How are you feeling about results day?
Why is it so late this year?!?!? I'm out of the country because I thought it would be earlier.... >-< But otherwise, I'm feeling vaguely ill thinking about it. I thought last year's grades were important, but... this year's are even more so! I have a provisional A* in the EPQ (45/50 exactly) but I'm super scared the grade boundaries are going to change and I'm not going to end up with one in the end...

Do you really think your A levels are suitable for a competitive Oxford law application? No offence but I doubt it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Sacred Ground
Do you really think your A levels are suitable for a competitive Oxford law application? No offence but I doubt it

Posted from TSR Mobile

On top of the ones listed above, I'm doing Japanese, History, and Economics. Predicted A*A*A*A at the subjects I'm doing next year (Latin, History, Japanese, Economics). So if I get an A in ClassCiv and an A* in the EPQ (and yeah Critical Thinking is basically useless but meh let's throw it in there too) I'll end up with A*A*A*A*AAA as my final A Level results. If that's not competitive I don't know what else I can do :smile:

So do I really think my A Levels are suitable for a competitive Oxford law application? Considering I've worked my butt off this year and had close to no social life, yes. Yes I do. :biggrin:
On top of the ones listed above, I'm doing Japanese, History, and Economics. Predicted A*A*A*A at the subjects I'm doing next year (Latin, History, Japanese, Economics). So if I get an A in ClassCiv and an A* in the EPQ (and yeah Critical Thinking is basically useless but meh let's throw it in there too) I'll end up with A*A*A*A*AAA as my final A Level results. If that's not competitive I don't know what else I can do :smile:

So do I really think my A Levels are suitable for a competitive Oxford law application? Considering I've worked my butt off this year and had close to no social life, yes. Yes I do. :biggrin:

Seven A-Levels eh. Impressive :smile:
Original post by usycool1
Seven A-Levels eh. Impressive :smile:

Just 4 to A2, though!! I wasn't lying when I said I have no social life - my hobbies are school, revision, and school >-< which isn't exactly a good thing lol
Just 4 to A2, though!! I wasn't lying when I said I have no social life - my hobbies are school, revision, and school >-< which isn't exactly a good thing lol

Yeah, I remember the life of an A-Level student well. The numbers of days I didn't sleep and the number of migraines I had the next day... :nooo:

Not too different at Uni mind you, but at least we have more independence and no homework now. :tongue:
Yeah, I remember the life of an A-Level student well. The numbers of days I didn't sleep and the number of migraines I had the next day... :nooo:

Not too different at Uni mind you, but at least we have more independence and no homework now. :tongue:

Oh my god, that's one reason I'm looking forward to summer. Sleeeeeeeeeeep :u::u:
I can't wait for more independence! The sixth form team at my school is very...keen.... on their managing powers, and have a tendency to...enjoy...controlling things. :/
When I was in AS I was absolutely adamant that on my A2 Results Day I would be getting my results first.

Now? Definitely checking Track the second it opens 😂

I'm the complete opposite, thought I was going to check track first when I was in AS. A nice walk to my school building might calm me down first before I find out my fate. :redface:
Original post by Aph
You don't want to know???

I honestly have no idea what I would do if I didn't get my firm or insurance!!! I'm sure you'll be fine :h:

I do want to know... but I don't want to know at the same time because I'm already fairly certain of what I will see. I have fallen out of love with my insurance so I NEED to get into my firm otherwise it is Clearing for me! I hope so :frown:

Original post by Dominae
I'm the complete opposite, thought I was going to check track first when I was in AS. A nice walk to my school building might calm me down first before I find out my fate. :redface:

My college opens at 9 or 10 and there is virtually no walk to do so I haven't got that advantage :frown:
Reply 229
I do want to know... but I don't want to know at the same time because I'm already fairly certain of what I will see. I have fallen out of love with my insurance so I NEED to get into my firm otherwise it is Clearing for me! I hope so :frown:

My college opens at 9 or 10 and there is virtually no walk to do so I haven't got that advantage :frown:

What's your insurance???
I feel that if you want to your college, found out you had missed your firm by one grade so you ended up crying and stressed and then got home to find that you were accepted you'd feel awful.
So instead knowing first and then utilising your teachers who are there to help you with what to do is probably better.
Oh my god, that's one reason I'm looking forward to summer. Sleeeeeeeeeeep :u::u:
I can't wait for more independence! The sixth form team at my school is very...keen.... on their managing powers, and have a tendency to...enjoy...controlling things. :/

Most of my time since my exams a few weeks ago has just been spent sleeping. Even so, I feel like I've not had enough to do myself justice over this year. :pierre:

I remember Sixth Form and school in general had silly rules which really annoyed me. But it gets better at Uni IMO. :smile:

You've given yourself an unneccessary amount of work to do, your application won't be any stronger than anyone applying with 4 A levels. Ah well, good luck.
Most of my time since my exams a few weeks ago has just been spent sleeping. Even so, I feel like I've not had enough to do myself justice over this year. :pierre:

I remember Sixth Form and school in general had silly rules which really annoyed me. But it gets better at Uni IMO. :smile:

Congrats on being done with exams for the academic year! Ahhh, I guess I'd better get used to a lack of sleep now, then... :eek:
AHHHH I'M SO GLAD. There are loads of very arbitrary and pointless rules at my sixth form - I'm so pleased to hear it gets better!

You've given yourself an unneccessary amount of work to do, your application won't be any stronger than anyone applying with 4 A levels. Ah well, good luck.

But I do love learning, and I especially love when I get shiny certificates for learning things - so I'm pretty happy where I am :wink:. Believe it or not, but not everybody does A Levels solely for them to go on a UCAS application! And maybe my application won't be stronger, but since I'm self-teaching 3 of my subjects, I'm sure my passion and commitment to my education will be very clear. Thanks for the well-wishes!
Congrats on being done with exams for the academic year! Ahhh, I guess I'd better get used to a lack of sleep now, then... :eek:
AHHHH I'M SO GLAD. There are loads of very arbitrary and pointless rules at my sixth form - I'm so pleased to hear it gets better!

But I do love learning, and I especially love when I get shiny certificates for learning things - so I'm pretty happy where I am :wink:. Believe it or not, but not everybody does A Levels solely for them to go on a UCAS application! And maybe my application won't be stronger, but since I'm self-teaching 3 of my subjects, I'm sure my passion and commitment to my education will be very clear. Thanks for the well-wishes!

Btw, how come you've been predicted your A2 grades already? Surely that's very early.
Btw, how come you've been predicted your A2 grades already? Surely that's very early.

We've had like 3 sets of mocks plus essays every few weeks etc etc. At this point, my teachers know where their students are working at and what they'll get if they keep working at this pace.
Original post by Aph
What's your insurance???
I feel that if you want to your college, found out you had missed your firm by one grade so you ended up crying and stressed and then got home to find that you were accepted you'd feel awful.
So instead knowing first and then utilising your teachers who are there to help you with what to do is probably better.

I live on my college campus so home and college is kind of the same thing for me :tongue: Aberystwyth for Social Science :smile: I love the university but not the course as much as Cardiff's. I already know exactly which university I will be phoning should I end up in Clearing (spaces permitting of course) so perhaps I have a small advantage.
Reply 236
I live on my college campus so home and college is kind of the same thing for me :tongue: Aberystwyth for Social Science :smile: I love the university but not the course as much as Cardiff's. I already know exactly which university I will be phoning should I end up in Clearing (spaces permitting of course) so perhaps I have a small advantage.

Yeah, I forgot. Awwww, well I'm pretty sure you'll be fine :h: have you checked out if it's in clearing this year?
Original post by Aph
Yeah, I forgot. Awwww, well I'm pretty sure you'll be fine :h: have you checked out if it's in clearing this year?

I hope so, I'm sure you will be too! :smile: Well Clearing hasn't opened yet I don't think. It is in Extra so I'm guessing it's likely to be in Clearing. I'll be phoning up that uni anyway for whatever course haha :tongue:
Reply 238
I hope so, I'm sure you will be too! :smile: Well Clearing hasn't opened yet I don't think. It is in Extra so I'm guessing it's likely to be in Clearing. I'll be phoning up that uni anyway for whatever course haha :tongue:

Yeah, I seem to remember that last year courses in clearing were announced before results day.
Original post by Aph
Yeah, I seem to remember that last year courses in clearing were announced before results day.

There is a Clearing list from July but the official, final one goes up at midnight on Results Day :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest