The Student Room Group

AQA Graphics 2016 Predictions? (21st June)

Any Predictions?
Anyone doing it?
What's your coursework on? mines 87 out of 90 xD :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
For section A we know it's something to do with encouraging children to grow their own vegetables so look at cartoony pics of fruit and veg i guess? orthographic projections/plastics/6 r's/symbols/flow charts /printing processes could come up but if i were you i'd just revise everything and practice sketching quickly the exam isn't that hard tbh.
Original post by Gadier
For section A we know it's something to do with encouraging children to grow their own vegetables so look at cartoony pics of fruit and veg i guess? orthographic projections/plastics/6 r's/symbols/flow charts /printing processes could come up but if i were you i'd just revise everything and practice sketching quickly the exam isn't that hard tbh.

Yeah normally when I do a past paper in school I get around 78 without any revision and yeah.
Reply 3
Original post by Gadier

How do you do an orthographic drawing?Honestly,i lose marks on that but both my teachers say its easy,but IDK anything about it to be honest...

You lot are lucky if you get 78 without revision,i only get like 38.FS

Predictions for Section A ?
Reply 4
section A is something to do with encouraging children to grow their own vegetables, and you can drop me your email if you want me to send notes? that could help push ur grade up.
Original post by AGBF
How do you do an orthographic drawing?Honestly,i lose marks on that but both my teachers say its easy,but IDK anything about it to be honest...

You lot are lucky if you get 78 without revision,i only get like 38.FS

Predictions for Section A ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CACQU-Oe3rQ
im so scared for tuesday!!! good luck everyone!
Who has got their results for coursework yet? My teacher hasn't told us yet...
Original post by ituneserror
Who has got their results for coursework yet? My teacher hasn't told us yet...

87 out of 90 xD
Original post by K.H.A.N™
87 out of 90 xD

My teacher's like 'well done' to me in the morning and the only clue he gives us about our coursework is that we got above a grade 'G'
My teacher's like 'well done' to me in the morning and the only clue he gives us about our coursework is that we got above a grade 'G'

xDDD What did u call your band?

I made a POS Display and mine was sooo complex as well as my CD case basically everything I did was complex and it worked so that's why I got the highest grade
xDDD What did u call your band?

I made a POS Display and mine was sooo complex as well as my CD case basically everything I did was complex and it worked so that's why I got the highest grade

I didn't do a band, I did an activity pack. :smile: If you have a picture of your product, post it below:

This was the basic idea of my final packaging and all I did was insert my games.

But honestly, everyone else's packaging I've seen was worse than mine, and I still think mine is bad. All of my teachers loved it though.
(edited 7 years ago)
I didn't do a band, I did an activity pack. :smile: If you have a picture of your product, post it below:

This was the basic idea of my final packaging and all I did was insert my games.

Don't have ny pictures of my product... ill try getting some on Tuesday if its ok and wow that's awesome... we only could do a Band and we had to make CD Case- T-shirt - Gig ticket - poster -Point of Sale- Badge - Leaflet - (Some of theses I did in my spare time to get more marks)
Don't have ny pictures of my product... ill try getting some on Tuesday if its ok and wow that's awesome... we only could do a Band and we had to make CD Case- T-shirt - Gig ticket - poster -Point of Sale- Badge - Leaflet - (Some of theses I did in my spare time to get more marks)

We almost failed our coursework, and our school had to bring in some teacher who used to teach graphics in our school, who was also an AQA graphics examiner to help us finish. We started this this year in January and we ran into so many problems and our school had so many problems with laser cutting machine and almost every teacher we had in graphics left us,
We almost failed our coursework, and our school had to bring in some teacher who used to teach graphics in our school, who was also an AQA graphics examiner to help us finish. We started this this year in January and we ran into so many problems and our school had so many problems with laser cutting machine and almost every teacher we had in graphics left us,

Oh lol, we have a graphics teacher #BEST TEACHER, who is like the top 10 in the country I think.. We started our coursework in year 10 on the second day we had graphics, she was fast and chilled out.. When it was time to work we worked and the we messed about as well.. My teachers pass grade over the 12 years has always been 92% A*s to C. My teacher is an AQA examiner too lol.
Oh lol, we have a graphics teacher #BEST TEACHER, who is like the top 10 in the country I think.. We started our coursework in year 10 on the second day we had graphics, she was fast and chilled out.. When it was time to work we worked and the we messed about as well.. My teachers pass grade over the 12 years has always been 92% A*s to C. My teacher is an AQA examiner too lol.

We didn't properly start our GCSE coursework for graphics until halfway through year 10. LOL. Our teacher at the time made us do 'one-point perspective' all the time even though we knew it already. And then, we spent over 8 weeks on the first EIGHT pages. That was way too long, and it was only worth around 10% of the marks anyway.
We didn't properly start our GCSE coursework for graphics until halfway through year 10. LOL. Our teacher at the time made us do 'one-point perspective' all the time even though we knew it already. And then, we spent over 8 weeks on the first EIGHT pages. That was way too long, and it was only worth around 10% of the marks anyway.

damn.. oh yeah we did do some lessons on one point perspective and other things once per week or so.
And most of year 10 and some of year 11, the whole class, (including me :frown:) was playing games on the computer instead of doing work and the teacher we had predicted the whole class an 'E', including me...
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 18
any predictions for theory?
I'm so scared for section A what the heCK

Quick Reply

Latest