The Student Room Group

GCSE Special Consideration Query

Hi!

I've just sat my GCSEs and intended to do really well but about three months before I sat my exams, my father walked out on us and I haven't heard anything from him since. It's really getting me down and I haven't been able to focus properly on my revision and even though I try to not let it show, it is constantly on my mind. During May, the stress even caused me to develop shingles, which was both irritating and painful. After I finished my exams, I was disappointed about how I did and I read about special consideration. Under my circumstances, if I wrote to the school and theu wrote to the exam board, would I have a chance of special consideration and if so, is it worth getting?
Reply 1
Original post by GCSEdward
I've just sat my GCSEs and intended to do really well but about three months before I sat my exams, my father walked out on us and I haven't heard anything from him since. It's really getting me down and I haven't been able to focus properly on my revision and even though I try to not let it show, it is constantly on my mind. During May, the stress even caused me to develop shingles, which was both irritating and painful. After I finished my exams, I was disappointed about how I did and I read about special consideration. Under my circumstances, if I wrote to the school and theu wrote to the exam board, would I have a chance of special consideration and if so, is it worth getting?

Applications for special consideration have to be made by the school so you would need to talk to them - exam boards don't deal with you directly. Talk to them asap - the school may well have already applied as they must have known you had shingles.

Quick Reply

Latest