The Student Room Group

Module Locking

Hey, I was reading up on how modules are allocated and I'm a bit confused about how module allocation works.

I sat 6 modules last year and was awarded AS' in Maths and Further Maths (cashed in). As it stands at the moment the best grade combination for me would be to put M1 and S1 with further maths because I boned FP2 (S1 was certificated with normal maths at AS).

As I understand it modules are unlocked when you get re entered for the award. Does doing A2 maths and further maths mean that I will be essentially rentered for AS and therefore all the modules will be unlocked to organise?
Original post by Mattematics
Hey, I was reading up on how modules are allocated and I'm a bit confused about how module allocation works.

I sat 6 modules last year and was awarded AS' in Maths and Further Maths (cashed in). As it stands at the moment the best grade combination for me would be to put M1 and S1 with further maths because I boned FP2 (S1 was certificated with normal maths at AS).

As I understand it modules are unlocked when you get re entered for the award. Does doing A2 maths and further maths mean that I will be essentially rentered for AS and therefore all the modules will be unlocked to organise?

If your exam entries have been done correctly then yes they will unlock the as results and recombine the units to optimise your full a level results. If you are in doubt speak to your exams office. If it does turn out that they were not unlocked you can apply for late cash in on results day but it can take a few days to do the admin and I believe most examiners charge a fee.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by gdunne42
If your exam entries have been done correctly then yes they will unlock the as results and recombine the units to optimise your full a level results. If you are in doubt speak to your exams office. If it does turn out that they were not unlocked you can apply for late cash in on results day but it can take a few days to do the admin and I believe most examiners charge a fee.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've been entered for "Mathematics A LEVEL (cash-in code)" and "Further Mathematics A LEVEL (cash-in code)". Do you have any idea if that's correct? I've emailed my exams office regardless. Looking at previous threads it would appear I was supposed to have been entered for the AS cash ins as well?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Mattematics
I've been entered for "Mathematics A LEVEL (cash-in code)" and "Further Mathematics A LEVEL (cash-in code)". Do you have any idea if that's correct? I've emailed my exams office regardless. Looking at previous threads it would appear I was supposed to have been entered for the AS cash ins as well?

Yes for full flexibility they need to re-do the as cashin as well.

http://www.jcq.org.uk/Download/exams-office/entries/gce-maths-information/gce-maths-rules---guidance-for-centres

Centres that regularly enter FM candidates should know the correct process

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest