The Student Room Group

3d gifs appreciation thread

Scroll to see replies

These are pretty cool. I approve lol
Original post by Boss_Rhythm
@ForestShadow This is a thread designed for you!!! Where ya at?

I was eating lunch :cookie::creep::doh:
Original post by ForestShadow
I was eating lunch :cookie::creep::doh:

Well, it seems as though your back... so post!
Original post by Boss_Rhythm
Well, it seems as though your back... so post!

(edited 7 years ago)
Well done for ruining the thread Forest
Original post by UnknownRoyalist

Exactly @ForestShadow
Original post by UnknownRoyalist

Ah have you finally healed from the burns I inflicted on you from out last argument? :lol:

JK we know that was a misunderstanding :rofl:

Ok so if you meant that jokingly then

If you meant it legitimately well then....

1) my reply style is memes+gifs anyways
2) this is a gif appreciation thread
3) there is a freedom to post here as long as it doesnt go against forum rules, I can get iethan to link the rules to you if you want?

well done for ruining the mood unknown royalist , also youre a sheep aren't you ?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by ForestShadow
Ah have you finally healed from the burns I inflicted on you from out last argument? :lol:

JK we know that was a misunderstanding :rofl:

Ok so if you meant that jokingly then

If you meant it legitimately well then....

1) my reply style is memes+gifs anyways
2) this is a gif appreciation thread
3) there is a freedom to post here as long as it doesnt go against forum rules, I can get iethan to link the rules to you if you want?

Well, can you read this for me?

Committee: African Group 2
Topic: Eradicating Poverty in 15 Years

The issue focused on, in this year’s Model United NationsConference, is Eradicating Poverty. Somalia understands that Poverty is one ofthe primary problems in Somalia, and also one that cannot be tackled alone. Somaliahas approximately 43% of their 10.5 million people, under the poverty line in2012, their income per capita according to studies in 2016, is at $435 makingit part of the top 5 poorest countries in the world. The delegation of Somaliahas been trying to tackle this dilemma over the years, but external issues arepreventing the advance away from poverty. Poverty is like poison, the moreoblivious we are, the quicker it will proliferate.As a country which has been prone to colonisation and hasbeen exploited by several countries, when being colonised, we have ceased tobelieve in relying other countries helping us directly. British Somaliland was oftenused as a place to receive slaves for the slave trade and the little producewas also often taken from Somalia. French Somaliland was as exploitative asBritish Somaliland and took a lot of coffee from Somalia, with little tonothing in return, and they did similar offences with Djibouti. Somalia believesthat because of colonisation and its bias, poverty is so widely spread.Colonisation leaves a country in ruins, for the first year in 1960 after beingproclaimed a free state 31% of its profit came from British and Italian taxes,tax collectors within the country were unable to work. This was a veryunsustainable means of money and was soon cut-off after Somalia’s relationswith the western world stopped. Since then, famine, low literacy rate (only40%), Unemployment and Corruption have been forcing Somalia to take money fromMEDC’s to use in Somalia. This has further taken them to poverty as well asdebt. Somalia has been accounted as incredibly corrupt in the private andpublic sector of the government. Corruption mostly occurs from the lack ofpublic knowledge and information. Corruption then increases poverty because ofthe selfishness, as well as the fact that due to corruption, money stays in onesector of the government, meaning that it is not spent on the people of Somaliaand instead wasted on politicians.In Somalia, Natural Disasters are a significant problemalso, in spreading poverty, if Somalia was able to reduce its impacts, it couldbegin to limit the spread of poverty. For example, during the 2004 tsunamis andearthquake in the Indian Ocean, Somalia had to immediately plunge themselvesinto a debt, after 298 deaths took place in Somalia alone. A further 50,000were displaced and they received $13m from the UN alone. They were seen as theworst hit African country, and weren’t able to repair their country or economyto the state they were at before until around mid-January 2006. AlthoughSomalia had already been led by an ineffective government for 14 years beforethe incidence, this natural disaster hadto a certain extent rubbed salt into the wound of the Somali’s and their state.Also, they created famines in Africa which affect the amount of people who canwork. As less people do work, this reduces the amount of taxes paid, as well asincreasing the amount of welfare needing to be given by the state. This inaggregate depreciates the strength of the economy of Somalia.To conclude, Somalia believe that countries in Africa(including itself) should most definitely try to avoid financial help fromdeveloped countries, to avoid going into debts and building up pressure forthemselves. This is one of the principal ways to eradicate poverty, however itwould also help if the developed countries and foreign companies such as theIMF, relieved Africa off all its debts in one go, and reset the money Africaowes. This is one way to slowly but surely eradicate poverty. The delegation ofSomalia also believe that the governments of African countries should bere-voted upon under the UN’s watch, this avoids corruption and will ensure moreeffective governments who will, mange themselves and their countries better.Lastly, African countries should be subsidised by the Western Countries toimprove environmental situations in Africa and in the long term, thus improvetheir economies.
Thnx :biggrin:
for the men

Quick Reply

Latest